Winter wouldn’t be complete without a fun penguin craft! Not only are they a perfect animal to learn about in the winter months, but they are oh so adorable! Today we are sharing how to make this cute DIY penguin puppet. It is super simple to make and is perfect for an afternoon full of pretend play. For even more fun, combine this handmade penguin puppet craft with one of your favorite penguin themed children’s books.
How to make the Penguin Puppet Craft
- black cardstock; black, orange, and white
- googly eyes
- 2 1/2-inch circle punch (optional)
- 1-inch circle punch (optional)
- 3/4-inch circle punch
1. Start by cutting out all of the pieces you’ll need for DIY penguin puppet from your cardstock. You’ll need a penguin body shape cut from your black cardstock, a 2-inch black circle cut in half for penguin flippers, a 2 1/2-inch white circle and an orange penguin beak.
2. Glue your white circle in the middle of the penguin body. Then use your 3/4-inch hole punch to punch out two holes at the bottom of the penguin body. These are for your fingers to poke through and act as cut little penguin feet.
3. Finish your handmade penguin puppet craft by gluing a black flipper on each side of the penguin body and then glue on the googly eyes and the beak.
See also: Mega Adorable Ladybug Finger Puppet
Thank you visiting our DIY penguin puppet craft tutorial! It would be perfect combined with more of our fun winter craft ideas like this paper plate polar bear craft or a cute stuffed paper bag penguin craft.
More Winter Ideas For Kids To Make Or Do:
[ess_grid alias=”winter activities”][/ess_grid]