Creative Football Shaped Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels
Looking for a fun snack to make for the Game Day? You will love how easy these football inspired chocolate-dipped pretzels are to make! These snacks are kid-approved, yet fun for adults too. You can’t go wrong with chocolate and everyone loves a good sweet-n-salty snack to munch on. *This was originally published on 1/31/2017 and updated on 1/21/2020.
These fun football shaped pretzel snacks are easy to make for watching the Super Bowl and seasonal games. If you have a little sports fan, these also make a great birthday party snack for a football party.
Ingredients for Making Chocolate-Dipped Pretzels
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 12 pretzel rods
- 36 pretzel rounds
- 12 oz. bag Wilton chocolate melts or chocolate chips
- White decorator icing tube
Yields: 3 dozen pretzel rounds and 1 dozen pretzel rods
How to make the Football Pretzel Snacks
There are two different chocolate pretzel snacks: mini football shaped pretzels and football inspired chocolate dipped pretzel rods. Make either one for your football party or make both to impress your guests. 🙂
1. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Place the 36 pretzel rounds on one of the cookie sheets and set aside.
2. Add the chocolate melts to a double boiler pan and melt over low/medium heat. Stir occasionally until melted and smooth. (About 3-4 minutes). Transfer to a shallow bowl for easier dipping.
3. Next, dip 1/3 of each pretzel rod into the melted chocolate and place on the other parchment-lined cookie sheet.
4. Use a tablespoon to add the melted chocolate to the middle of each pretzel round. Be sure to fill each pretzel up to the top.
5. Allow the chocolate to harden for 30 minutes.
6. Using white decorator icing, decorate each pretzel with football laces.
That’s it! Your football pretzels are all set for the big game!
Let us know what your friends thought of the fun football inspired chocolate pretzels and if the were a hit with the kids! For another pretzel idea, check out these chocolate pretzel owls – so cute!