Fun Easter Cupcakes and Cakes
Easter is just around the corner, so it’s time to start planning the desserts for your Easter parties, brunches, and dinners now. We have a fun collection of cute Easter cakes and cupcakes that will make your menu planning so much easier.
And you don’t have to be a cake decorating pro, either. Many of these are super simple ideas that you can do even with boxed cake mix and canned frosting. And if you don’t have time for that, use the decorating ideas on plain cupcakes that you can buy in your local bakery or supermarket.
You’ll find adorable bunnies, spring chicks, sheep, eggs, carrots, and more among these recipes and ideas. The kids will love helping you out in the kitchen, and isn’t that part of the fun? These cupcakes are perfect for parties at school, church, or even for a spring bake sale.
So, let’s get to the recipes and ideas!
Cute and Easy Easter Cakes and Cupcakes
1. Bunny Cupcakes from Artsy Momma: If you want to make some adorable Easter cupcakes, but you don’t have the decorating skills of a pro, don’t fret. Our bunny cupcakes with shredded coconut, marshmallows, pink sprinkles, and candy are so easy to put together, yet they look really impressive.
2. Mini-Layered Funfetti Easter Cake from Artsy Momma: Kids will have so much fun helping with this layered funfetti cake—making it is almost as fun as eating it. What kid wouldn’t love a dessert that includes cake, frosting, M&Ms, and cotton candy?
3. E is for Easter Cake from Tempting Recipes by Amy Treasure: This E cake made with sponge cake, strawberry jam, vanilla buttercream, and an array of Easter goodies like Cadbury Creme Eggs will make a big splash at your Easter Sunday get-together.
4. Sheep Easter Cupcakes from The Inspiration Edit: Perfect for an Easter party with kids, these sheep cupcakes are a break from the usual bunny or egg-themed desserts for the holiday.
5. Easter Chick Cupcakes from The Simple Sweet Life: These moist vanilla cupcakes are topped with a vanilla buttercream frosting that’s been colored yellow to create beautiful spring chicks.
6. Easy Easter Egg Cupcakes from Ann’s Entitled Life: Make your favorite boxed Funfetti cupcakes and top them with this delicious marshmallow-flavored homemade frosting. Top with an Easter egg Peep, and you’re all set with cute cupcakes in no time flat.
7. Creme Egg Cake from Crumbs & Cork Screws: Are you ready for the most decadent cake you’ve ever eaten? This Creme Egg Cake has three delicious chocolate layers separated by delicious vanilla buttercream—and it’s all topped with a rich chocolate frosting and mini Creme Eggs.
Fun Cupcake Ideas for Easter Party
8. Carrot Patch Cupcakes from Easy Family Recipe Ideas: These cute cupcakes look like carrots in the garden! The “carrots” are chocolate-covered strawberries, which are always a popular treat.
9. Reese’s Egg Cake from Down Redbud Drive: Everyone will love you on Easter for bringing this beautiful Easter cake surrounded by Reese’s Easter eggs. You can use any cake and frosting flavors you like, but they do need to pair well with the chocolate/peanut butter combo of Reese’s eggs. This cake is simple to decorate, so it looks like you’ve put in a lot of effort even though it’s easy as pie.
10. Pastel Easter Peeps Cupcakes from Carefree Mermaid: These cupcakes have Peeps right in the batter as well as on top. Coated with pretty pastel sprinkles, these treats are extra sweet.
11. Peeps Carrot Cupcakes from Dine Dream Discover: This version of Peeps cupcakes looks like bunnies peeking out of the grass! The cupcakes have shredded carrot added to the store-bought carrot cake mix to make them seem more like homemade. The cream cheese frosting (turned green for this cupcake) is divine.
12. Gluten-Free Carrot Cake from Texanerin Baking: This spicy, fluffy carrot cake is so good that no one will know it’s gluten-free. It’ll be your new go-to carrot cake recipe—the cream cheese frosting has just the right amount of sweetness.
13. Lemon Cupcakes from What the Fork: Although they’re great for an everyday cupcake, lemon cupcakes are especially yummy for Easter, when everyone is enjoying the brighter, lighter flavors of spring. Garnished with a slice of fresh lemon and some sprinkles, they’ll fit right in at the Easter dessert table.
14. Cracked Easter Egg Cupcakes from This Mom’s Confessions: Young and old alike will enjoy these cracked Easter egg cupcakes, which look like a cracked-open egg with jelly beans spilling out. You’ll be making the eggs yourself using a mold, but you could also find hollow Easter eggs at the store if you’re short on time.
→ See more Easter ideas here.
More Easter Themed Cupcakes and Cakes
15. Chocolate Easter Nest Cake from Little Sunny Kitchen: This simple, but pretty, Easter cake will look beautiful on the dessert table this year. It’s a simple chocolate cake frosted with coconut buttercream, topped with toasted shredded coconut, and decorated with mini eggs.
16. Chocolate Easter Bunny Cupcakes from Mommy Made That: The wonderful thing about these cute cupcakes is that you can use any cupcake and frosting that you like! Just dye the frosting green with food coloring, and insert a chocolate bunny with some mini eggs on top of the “grass.”
17. Cadbury Cupcakes from Scratch from Baking Beauty: Rich, chocolate cupcakes are decorated with buttercream frosting to look like a Cadbury Egg. Sit a real Cadbury Egg on top of the frosting, and you’ve got yourself a decadent treat everyone will enjoy.
18. Easter Grass Cupcakes from Giggles Galore: These Easter Grass Cupcakes are another super simple choice when you’re short on time. Use your favorite cupcakes and frosting, cover the frosting in green sprinkles and mini egg candies. Easy!
19. Bunny Butt Cupcakes from The Gracious Wife: Definitely the cutest Easter cupcakes around, these look just like a bunny hopping into his burrow. Wilton makes Bunny Butt Kits to make this idea even easier, but if you can’t find them, you can always pipe icing into the shape of a tail and little bunny paws.
20. Mini Easter Egg Cakes from Walking on Sunshine: How much would the kids love having their own personal Easter egg cakes? They’re so cute! The kids can help you decorate each one individually so that they’re all unique.