Chocolate Covered Pretzels Shaped Like Owls
This fun Halloween treat incorporates 2 of our favorites: chocolate and owls! These cute chocolate covered pretzel owls are sure to have your kids hooting with delight! Make them for Halloween or as an owl birthday party snack.
Another great thing about these Halloween pretzel treats is that there is no-baking required! The sweet and salty combination makes this treat great for your family’s Fall get-together.
→ See more owl crafts and snack ideas here.
Ingredients For Making Owl Shaped Halloween Pretzel Treats
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying links.
- Twisted Mini Pretzels
- Milk Chocolate Candy Melts
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Brown Jimmies
- Candy Coated Sunflower Seeds
- Candy Eyes
How To Make The Chocolate Covered Pretzel Owls
1. Melt the chocolate candy according to the directions on the back of the package.
2. Dip the twisted pretzels into the melted chocolate using a fork. Lay each one on parchment paper and sprinkle with brown jimmies. Let cool.
3. Place a small amount of melted chocolate into a sandwich size baggie. Snip the corner off one of the ends (small cut). Squeeze a small amount into the top two holes of the pretzels and add a dot where the nose will go. Place two candy eyes and an orange sunflower candy nose on the chocolate dots. The melted chocolate acts like glue to hold them in place.
4. Next, place a dot of melted chocolate on two chocolate chips. Place these on top of the pretzel as owl ears.
Let dry completely and enjoy for a fun fall treat!
Do you think your kids would enjoy making cute little chocolate covered pretzel owl treats for Halloween or an owl birthday party theme? They would also be perfect for a woodland party or baby shower theme along with these owl snack cups. Cute and easy!
Now, whooo’s the coolest mom for making these owl shaped treats?!
More Creative Snack Ideas:
[ess_grid alias=”snacks for kids”][/ess_grid]
Halloween Ideas For Kids:
[ess_grid alias=”Halloween Crafts”][/ess_grid]