Are you looking for ideas on hosting an Easter party or playdate with kids? I’ve gathered up some of my faves from our Easter archives as well as from other crafty bloggers. You’ll find ideas for crafts and activities, party favors, artsy foods, and decorations that will be sure to make it an EGG-citing event!
When hosting an event with kids, it’s usually a good idea to have a craft or activity for them to do. It could be quick and simple or something that may require a lot of set up or take a little longer to do. Here are 12 activities and 12 crafts that may inspire you:
- Free Printable Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt – Make an egg hunt last longer by turning it into a scavenger hunt.
- Plastic Egg Memory Game – Perfect for younger kids!
- Free Coloring Pages – Simple yet loved by kids of all ages.
- Jellybean Bingo – Part of an entire jellybean-themed party!
- Confetti Eggs – Make things festive with eggs filled with confetti.
- Easy-to-make Egg Toss Game – I love how this ties in with Earth Day which is just a few days later this year.
- Play-doh Egg Decorating – A different take on decorating Easter eggs.
- Free Printable Photo Booth Props – We’re a big fan of photo booths with or playdate friends!
- Free Activity Placemats – Tic Tac Toe and How to draw a bunny are 2 examples you’ll find on these.
- Bunny Bucks – Free to print; hide these in plastic eggs and kids can ‘buy’ things with them.
- Pin the Tail on the Easter Bunny – So cute!
- Print these Free Games – Several different ones to choose from.
- Handprint and Footprint Easter Art – Links to our entire category on our Fun Handprint Art Blog.
- Simple Toddler Easter Art Activity – Perfect for a group young kids!
- Decorate Pails for an Egg Hunt – Have the kids decorate a pail for an egg hunt.
- Make Bunny Ears – I think it’s so cute to make themed hats or headbands for the holidays.
- Bunny Cups with Dirt and Grass – Another great tie-in with Earth Day.
- Simple TP Roll Chicks Painting Craft – Kids can create their own chick masterpiece using a tp tube.
- Beautiful Stamped Eggs Art Project – Super popular becuase of how easy and pretty it is.
- Tissue Box Bunny Basket Craft – I just adore this handmade basket!
- Make Pretty Potato Stamped Eggs – One of my favorite finds this year!
- Giant Collaborative Painting – If you don’t mind messy, this is fun for a playgroup or small party.
- Paper Pate Easter Crafts – Use paper plates to create bunnies, eggs, and chicks.
- Use Colored Rice to Decorate Contact Paper Eggs – You could even use the rice in a sensory bin for younger children to play with before making the craft.
We love making cute party favors for holidays and birthdays – it was hard to choose just 12 to share with you!
Party Favor Ideas:
- DIY Carrot Treat Bags – Fill these with anything orange-colored to make this cute snack.
- Peeps On a Stick Pops – Because eating things on a stick is fun!
- Lots of Must See Easter Party Favor Printables – My favorite is the Bunny Bait.
- Bunny Money – Money shaped like a bunny…. origami-style.
- Bunny Kisses – So sweet!
- Bunny Chow Recipe and Printable – Can be used like a gift tag or a bag topper.
- Hoppy Easter Bag Topper Freebie – Crystal shares 2 ways she made favors using these.
- Cute Carrot Baskets – Free to print; fun for jellybeans.
- Recycled Easter Egg Crayons – Love these!
- Bunny, Egg, and Chick Jellybean Pouches – So stinkin’ C.U.T.E.
- Easter Crackers – Great way to use up leftover crepe paper.
- Peeps Bag Toppers – Cute play on words.
Worried about all those sweets? Check out this awesome list of 100 Egg Fillers that aren’t Candy!
There are so many ways to dress up food that are sure to bring a smile to kid’s faces. I am always in awe of all the creative ideas out there. Here are 12 fun food ideas I stumbled upon recently:
- Chick and Egg-shaped Cookies
- Pretty Bunny Cup Jellybean Holder
- Super Cute Peeps Yogurt Snack
- Bunny and Chick Oreo Pops
- Nutter Butter Chicks
- Carrot-shaped Veggie Pizza
- Hard-boiled Eggs that look like Chicks
- Too cute Sandwiches
- Bunny-shaped Rice Crispy Treats
- Marshmallow Bark
- Chick Fruit Cups
- Strawberries that look like Carrots
Here are some cute decorations for making your Easter party look pretty:
- Washi Tape Garland – Have you jumped on the Washi Tape bandwagon? Then you’ll adore this garland!
- Free Printable Cupcake Toppers – Kelli also shares a yummy cupcake recipe.
- Bunny Napkin Ring Holders – So fun!
- DIY Hanging Chick Lantern – She also has a bunny lantern.
- Free Cupcake Wrapper Printables – Turn cupcakes into cute, little bunnies.
- Hanging Rabbits with Free Template – These look beautiful hanging, but can be used other ways too.
- Subway Art – Simple way to make your party more Easter-y.
- Party Pack Printable including an Egg Hunt Sign – Love the colors Katie used to make the sign.
- Print a Free Party Pack including a Banner – These decorations make me happy.
- Napkin Carrots – How cute are these?!
- Bouquet of Eggs – Makes a pretty centerpiece.
- Plastic Egg Garland – Perfect for using up all those plastic eggs you’ve collected over the years.
Have a Hoppy Easter!