Ideas for Hosting an Easter Party or Playdate for Kids
Are you looking for ideas on hosting an Easter party or playdate with kids? I’ve gathered up some of my faves from our Easter archives as well as from other crafty bloggers. You’ll find ideas for Easter themed crafts, activities, party favors, creative foods, and decorations that will be sure to make it an EGG-citing event!
*Originally published 4/14/2014 and updated on 3/31/2019. Many of the previously featured have been replaced (usually when the original website featured has been deleted, etc.)
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Activities for an Easter Party or Playgroup
When hosting an event with kids, it’s usually a good idea to have a craft or activity for them to do. It could be quick and simple or something that may require a lot of set up or take a little longer to do.
- Free Printable Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt – Make an egg hunt last longer by turning it into a scavenger hunt.
- Plastic Egg Memory Game – Perfect for younger kids!
- Free Coloring Pages – Simple yet loved by kids of all ages.
- Jellybean Bingo – Part of an entire jellybean-themed party!
- Confetti Eggs – Make things festive with eggs filled with confetti.
- Easy-to-make Egg Toss Game – I love how this ties in with Earth Day which is just a few days later this year.
- Play-doh Egg Decorating – A different take on decorating Easter eggs.
- Free Printable Photo Booth Props – We’re a big fan of photo booths with or playdate friends!
- Free Activity Placemats – Tic Tac Toe and How to draw a bunny are 2 examples you’ll find on these.
- Playdough Easter Mats – Many cute and fun designs.
- Pin the Tail on the Easter Bunny – So cute!
- Print these Free Games – Several different ones to choose from.
- Printable Easter Mazes – Simple activity for kids to do.
Cute Easter Crafts For Large Groups
- Handprint and Footprint Easter Art – Links to our entire category on our Fun Handprint Art Blog.
- Jumbo Craft Stick Bunnies – Perfect for a group young children!
- Decorate Pails for an Egg Hunt – Have the kids decorate a pail for an egg hunt.
- Make Bunny Ears – I think it’s so cute to make themed hats or headbands for the holidays.
- Bunny Cups with Dirt and Grass – Another great tie-in with Earth Day.
- Simple TP Roll Chicks Painting Craft – Kids can create their own chick masterpiece using a tp tube.
- Beautiful Stamped Eggs Art Project – Super popular because of how easy and pretty it is.
- Tissue Box Bunny Basket Craft – I just adore this handmade basket!
- Make Pretty Potato Stamped Eggs – One of my favorite finds this year!
- Giant Collaborative Painting – If you don’t mind messy, this is fun for a playgroup or small party.
- Paper Pate Easter Crafts – Use paper plates to create bunnies, eggs, and chicks.
- Use Colored Rice to Decorate Contact Paper Eggs – You could even use the rice in a sensory bin for younger children to play with before making the craft.
- Decorate Easter Eggs – Buy some plastic white eggs and set out stickers, markers, sequins, jewels, temporary tattoos, and so on.
Super Fun Easter Party Favor Ideas
We love making cute party favors for holidays and birthdays – it was hard to choose just 14 to share with you!
- DIY Bunny Ear Headbands – So so cute!!
- Cool Unicorn Easter Egg Fillers – These are fun!
- Peeps On a Stick Pops – Because eating things on a stick is fun!
- Lots of Must See Easter Party Favor Printables – My favorite is the Bunny Bait.
- Bunny Money – Money shaped like a bunny…. origami-style.
- Bunny Kisses – So sweet!
- Bunny Chow Recipe and Printable – Can be used like a gift tag or a bag topper.
- Hoppy Easter Bag Topper Freebie – Crystal shares 2 ways she made favors using these.
- Cute Carrot Baskets – Free to print; fun for jellybeans.
- Recycled Easter Egg Crayons – Love these!
- Or make bunny shaped crayons found here.
- Bunny, Egg, and Chick Jellybean Pouches – So stinkin’ C.U.T.E.
- Easter Crackers – Great way to use up leftover crepe paper.
- DIY Carrot Treat Bags – Fill these with anything orange-colored to make this cute snack.
- Plush Bunnies – with colorful plastic eggs.
Worried about all those sweets? Check out this awesome list of 100 Egg Fillers that aren’t Candy!
Creative Easter Food Ideas For Parties
There are so many ways to dress up food that are sure to bring a smile to kids faces. I am always in awe of all the creative ideas out there. Here are 15 fun food ideas I stumbled upon recently:
- Chick and Egg-shaped Cookies
- Pretty Bunny Cup Jellybean Holder
- Pretzel Pops that look like lambs
- Bunny and Chick Oreo Pops
- Mini Layered Funfetti Easter Cake
- Nutter Butter Chicks
- Carrot-shaped Veggie Pizza
- Hard-boiled Eggs that look like Chicks– These are really cute!
- Bunny Sandwiches – Adorable idea.
- Bunny-shaped Rice Krispie Treats – They look like Peeps!
- Marshmallow Bark – Fun!
- Chick Fruit Cups– These would also make cute classroom favors!
- Strawberries that look like Carrots – Can make dirt cup snacks too!
- Bunny Juice Wrappers – Fun way to decorate juice boxes!
- Bunny Cupcakes – Easy enough for the kids to make!
* Print these Hippity Hoppity Egg Hunt Invitations
Creative Easter Party Decorations
Here are some cute decorations for making your Easter party look pretty:
- Washi Tape Garland – Have you jumped on the Washi Tape bandwagon? Then you’ll adore this garland!
- Free Printable Cupcake Toppers – Kelli also shares a yummy cupcake recipe.
- Bunny Napkin Ring Holders – So fun! Includes printable for free.
- DIY Hanging Chick Lantern – She also has a bunny lantern.
- Free Cupcake Wrapper Printables – Turn cupcakes into cute, little bunnies.
- Egg Hunt Signs
- Print a Free Party Pack including a Banner – These decorations make me happy.
- Napkin Carrot Utensils – How cute are these?!
- Bouquet of Plastic Eggs – Makes a pretty centerpiece.
- Plastic Egg Garland – Perfect for using up all those plastic eggs you’ve collected over the years.
- Peeps and Jellybeans Easter Vase – Easy centerpiece the kids can make!
- Easter Party Balloons – Lots of fun designs!
- Easter Party Plates
If you’re looking for more inspiration, we have an Egg-citing Easter Ideas board on Pinterest filled with creative ideas. Are you on Google+? We would love to connect with you there!
Have a Hoppy Easter!
Thanks for the awesome shout out!
You’re welcome Jamie! Thanks for the awesome egg filler ideas 🙂
What a great round up of Easter activities. Lots of options to keep my two little ones busy this Easter!
Thanks Jamie 🙂
These ideas are so cute! What a fun playdate this would be! We did the egg toss with plastic bottles and it’s a lot of fun! 🙂
Thanks Emma! The bottle toss is on our someday list – love it 🙂 Thanks for sharing your thoughts about it!