These Fourth of July ice cream cone cupcakes are an excellent treat to serve guests during your barbecues and celebrations. You’ll enjoy the gorgeous red, white, and blue design and the flavorful cupcakes with frosting all placed inside a red ice cream cone.
*As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
With just a few ingredients and about half an hour of your time, you’ll have 18-20 patriotic cupcakes in a cone for a 4th of July party. You’ll be able to find the Joy Brand red ice cream cones at your local grocery store in the ice cream section, but if not you can find them online and order in time for your party.
How do you keep cupcake cones from getting soggy?
The best way to keep cupcake cones from getting soggy is to allow your Fourth of July ice cream cone cupcakes to cool to room temperature after baking. Once your ice cream cones filled with baked cupcake mix have cooled, turn the cone upside down and poke a few holes in the bottom of the cone with a toothpick.
This will release the moisture that may have built up inside your cupcake cones without ruining your gorgeous red, white, and blue patriotic cupcakes.
How do you make patriotic ice cream cone cupcakes?
Ice cream cone cupcakes have become quite popular, especially for birthday parties! These Fourth of July ice cream cone cupcakes are relatively easy to make and require about half an hour from start to finish.
You’ll find my step by step instructions below to learn how to make cupcakes inside ice cream cones that can be used for a 4th of July party, Memorial Day treat, or birthday parties. Change the colors to suit any holiday or occasion. The instructions include steps to divide the frosting so that you have blue and white frosting to use with red cones to make the patriotic design of these festive cupcakes.
- Red Ice Cream Cones (Joy Brand)
- White Cake Mix
- White Frosting
- Patriotic Sprinkles
- Sour Cherry Candies
- Blue Food Coloring
*1 cake mix makes about 18-20 cones.
Fourth of July Cupcake Directions
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grab your white cake mix and prepare the cake batter according to the package instructions.
4. Next, place the filled cones on a cookie sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
5. Allow your ice cream cone cupcakes to cool.
6. Once cooled, grab the white frosting and blue food coloring.
7. Separate the frosting in half so that you can color one half with the blue food coloring in a dish. Once mixed, add to piping bag with a tip.
8. Leave the other half of your frosting white. Place in piping bag with a tip.
9. Using a piping bag, frost your ice cream cone cupcakes with white frosting and then add a second layer of frosting using the blue colored frosting.
10. When all are frosted, shake patriotic sprinkles on each. Add a cherry or red candy on top to finalize your Fourth of July ice cream cone cupcakes.
These patriotic Fourth of July ice cream cone cupcakes will work for a Memorial Day treat or birthday parties all year long. While you may be searching for special patriotic treats right now for the 4th of July, remember to bookmark this recipe for your future red, white and blue themed parties.