How cute is this is the paper plate fish craft!? And it is so easy to do! Imagine your kids making this Valentine’s Day craft idea to give to their closest friends as Valentines. In this post, we will share with you just how fun and easy it is to recreate this adorable Valentine’s Day fish with heart shapes craft.
How to make the Valentine’s Day Fish with Heart Shapes Craft
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Switch out the colors to make a all different Valentine fish to hang up on a bedroom door or classroom bulletin board as decoration. Find more paper plate heart animal crafts here!
- paper plate
- pink craft paint
- craft foam sheets, red and purple
- large googly eye
- hot glue gun or regular glue
See also: heart-shaped handprint swans
1. Lay down a piece of an old newspaper before you get started.
2. Squirt about a teaspoon sized amount of pink paint onto the center of your paper plate. Spread around evenly until your whole plate is painted pink. Let dry.
3. Cut out three purple heart and one red heart from the craft foam, about 3 to 4 inches high.
4. Cut out two more red hearts, one 1-inch high and one that is 2-inches high.
5. Flip over the paper plate. Carefully glue the points of your two purple hearts on to the right side creating the fish tail.
6. Now glue your largest red heart onto the top-right (still on the backside) of your plate. Glue the medium red heart onto the bottom of the plate creating a fin. Add the smallest red heart onto the left side. This creates the fish lips.
7. Flip the plate over so it is right-side up. Glue the last purple heart onto the center of your paper plate to create the side fin.
8. Finish by gluing a jumbo googly eye on the side with the lips.
We hope you enjoyed this simple paper plate Valentine’s Day fish craft and will decide to make your own! If you’d like to make more ideas that are cute for Valentine’s Day, be sure to check out these heart-shaped crafts!
More Valentine’s Day Ideas
[ess_grid alias=”Valentine Crafts”][/ess_grid]