When you think of jello shots, most people tend to think about the kind with alcohol made for parties. In today’s post, I am sharing a tutorial for non-alcoholic jello shots that are kid-friendly. These cool-looking red, white, and blue layered jello dessert shooters are great to take to a 4th of July party for both the kids and the adults. Kids can help make them too! *Originally published 6/28/18; Updated 6/26/2019.
→ See More Fourth of July Treats for Kids Parties
Non-Alcoholic Red, White, and Blue Layered Jello Dessert Shooters
*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 3 envelopes Knox unflavored gelatin, divided
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 (3 oz) box berry blue JELL-O gelatin
- 1 (3 oz) box strawberry or cherry JELL-O gelatin
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milkm
- American Flag Cupcake Toppers Picks
How To Make The Blue Jello Layer:
Pour the berry blue gelatin and 1/2 envelope of the unflavored gelatin into large mixing bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water and whisk all of the ingredients until the gelatins are dissolved.
Allow the gelatin to cool for 5 minutes. Pour into each of your dessert shooter glasses, filling 1/3 of the way. Chill until set.
How To Make The White Jello Layer:
1. Add 1 cup of water to a mixing bowl. Sprinkle 2 envelopes of Knox gelatin on top and wait 2 minutes.
2. Add 1 cup boiling water and whisk until the gelatin is dissolved.
3. Pour in the sweetened condensed milk and stir well to incorporate. Cool for 5 minutes.
4. Pour on top of the blue jello layer, filling 2/3 of the way. Chill for 1 hour.
How To Make The Red Jello Layer:
Pour the strawberry (or cherry) gelatin and 1/2 envelope of the unflavored gelatin into large mixing bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water and whisk all of the ingredients until the gelatins are dissolved.
Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Pour on top of the white layer, filling the top layer close to the top of each glass rim. Chill for 1 hour.
When you are ready to serve the layered jello dessert shooters, insert the American flag toppers.
If your kids like how these 4th of July jello shots look, be sure to check out this awesome layered red, white, and blue kids drink we’ve made in the past. It was a huge hit with my little ones!