Heart shape animals and bugs make the cutest Valentine’s Day projects. These adorable heart shaped ladybugs are made from cupcake liners and construction paper. It was made using a torn paper art technique and accordion folded antenna to give it an extra fun look. See how we made it below!
Ladybug Paper Craft Supplies
- construction paper
- cupcake liners
- googly eyes
- black marker
For this collage style art project, you will need two tones of green paper to create the grass. The colors for the cupcake liners could be Valentine colors or if making for Spring, pastel colors would be a fun choice.
Cupcake Liner Ladybug Instructions
1. To create the heart shape ladybugs, flatten and cut a heart shape from the cupcake liners. TIP: make it easy by folding the liner in half and cutting half a heart shape.
2. Next, cut two circles and four thin strips from black construction paper.
3. To form antenna, accordion fold the strips and then glue to the top of a circle, adding the googly eyes just below.
4. Now, glue the black circles to the cupcake liners at the top of the heart. Then glue the whole ladybug to the green paper.
Related: Ladybug Crafts Kids Will Love!
5. Draw a line with a black marker down the center of the hearts to create the ladybug wings (or use a thin black strip of paper).
6. Using the black paper again, cut a few small heart shapes and glue them onto the ladybug bodies.
7. Give the craft a textured look with the other green paper. Tear off a long strip and then tear that into small rectangular pieces to form ‘grass’ pieces.
8. Finish the craft by gluing the grass randomly around the page.
The cupcake liner ladybug craft is finished!
More Heart Shaped Ladybug Craft Ideas
Click on the images below to be taken to a cute paper plate ladybug and a Valentine’s Day card where the wings open to reveal a sweet message.