Are you looking for an easy back to school treat, one your kids will simply adore? Surprise kids by packing apple cookie pops in their lunchbox! This yummy treat is also fun to make together with the kids!
Easy Apple Cookie Pops Tutorial
*As an Amazon Associate, I ear from qualifying purchases.
You will also need:
1. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a flat surface.
2. Press a lollipop stick into the cream filling of each sandwich cookie.
3. Next. roll out a small piece of the green fondant. Use a knife to cut the fondant into simple leaf shapes. Add on lightly pressed lines to make them look like leaves. Set aside.
4. After creating the fondant leaves, make the red candy melts according to the package directions. Dip each sandwich cookies into the melted chocolate. Use a spoon to help evenly coat the cookie. Carefully place on the parchment paper and let cool completely.
*Tip: If the cookie sandwiches start to pull apart from the treat stick, simply remove the treat stick and use a fork to dip the cookie into the chocolate, evenly coat, and lay flat on parchment paper. Gently press the stick back into the center while the chocolate is still melted.
5. Once cooled, place a small plate into the microwave for one minute to get it nice and hot. Hold a chocolate chip by the tip and press the flat bottom onto the hot plate for a few seconds, letting it slightly start to melt.
6. Place a green fondant leaf on top of an apple cookie and immediately place the chocolate chip with the melted bottom right on top – pinching the bottom tip of the leaf under the chocolate chip. Hold it for a few seconds. The melted chocolate will secure the leaf in place and melt the chocolate chip right onto the top of the cookie.
Apple cookies on a stick, along with edible apple cupcake toppers made with royal icing are classroom treats you will love making for your kids. They are also perfect apple inspired gift for teachers at the beginning of a new school year or party treat in the fall.
More School Themed Ideas
[ess_grid alias=”school crafts”][/ess_grid]