Did you catch the paper rosette birds we shared yesterday? We used them to make a pretty spring decoration for our half wall counter – a darling DIY Paper Bird Bouquet! It’s sure to brighten up any room in your home.
For this project, we used our Xyron® 3″ Sticker Maker and Tape Runner. As part of their design team, we get to share awesome products with you from them and their partners. I was super excited to receive Paper and Project Stacks from DCWV as I can never have enough cardstock!
*This post contains Amazon affiliate links to the products mentioned. Please read our full disclosure policy here.
- tissue paper
- wooden sticks
- foam craft block
- DCWV Paper Stack (We used the DIY Project Stack Mini Album)
- 1.5″ Xyron® Sticker Maker
- cupcake liners/doilies
- duct tape
- pipe cleaners
How to make the Paper Bird Bouquet Decoration:
1. Place 1-2 sheets of tissue paper flat on the table. Cut a foam craft block to a size that fits your vase. Placed on the bottom center of the tissue paper. Wrap it by bunching it around the foam block leaving the top open. Set inside the vase. You may also wish to add ribbon to your vase.
2. See how to make the paper rosette birds here. We used two birds for our bouquet. Tape a wooden stick to the backside of the birds. Place inside the vase by poking it through the styrofoam. We placed one more in the front and the other one in the back.
3. Make paper rosettes using the same tutorial as the birds. You can make however many you’d like in all different sizes. The center of ours has a button which we placed in our Xyron® Sticker Maker. It easily sticks on to the paper and the best part – no oozing glue!
4. DCWV has embellishments you can cut out from some of their Project Stacks. We used one that says “Be Awesome Today.” Place it on a wooden stick with tape.
5. The 2 flowers are easy to make! You can use cupcake liners and/or paper doilies. Take a stick and poke a hole in the center. Push it almost all the way through. Bunch it upwards. Take a green pipe cleaner and coil it around the stick. We also coiled three white pipe cleaners.
6. Arrange all of the items until you get a design that you like.
When finished, add a little spring cheer to a room or the kitchen table. This pretty paper bird bouquet would also be lovely to give as a gift – perhaps a housewarming party or a welcome to the neighborhood gift.
[ess_grid alias=”Easter Spring Grid”][/ess_grid]