It’s so much fun to bake with kids and these easy flamingo cupcakes with printable toppers will give your kids something fun to do on a rainy day. Many parents are searching for things to do with toddlers and preschoolers during summer break and I’m here to share something fun you can do.
This simple recipe allows you to enjoy the benefits of baking with kids. When you opt to bake with kids you’re opening the door to helping your kids learn a necessary life skill all the while strengthening your family bond.
How do you make Flamingo cupcakes?
It’s easy to make flamingo cupcakes. You’ll see that I have flamingo cupcake toppers printable to print on cardstock for use to make these easy flamingo cupcakes with your kids. You can use prepared cupcakes, boxed mixed cupcakes, or your favorite cupcakes recipe to start the process of making flamingo cupcakes.
This recipe makes 12 cupcakes that are decorated in pink vanilla frosting. I prefer Funfetti frosting in bright pink. You may use pink food coloring to dye prepared vanilla frosting if you’re not able to purchase Pillsbury Funfetti frosting in bright pink.
*I earn from qualifying purchases through affiliate programs. Find out more here.
- 12 cupcakes from your favorite recipe or boxed mix
- 2 to 3 cups vanilla frosting in pink (Used Pillsbury Funfetti Frosting in Bright Pink)
- Clear tape
You will also need:
- Large round tip (Wilton 1M Round Piping Tip)
- Piping bag
- Flamingo head printable, printed on cardstock
→Print the cupcake toppers FREE here.
Flamingo Cupcakes with Printable Toppers
1. Once your 12 cupcakes have baked and cooled, you’re ready to make flamingo cupcakes.
2. Pipe the pink frosting over your cupcake in a circular direction. You’ll start from the center of the cupcake towards the outside and then back to center.
3. Smooth the pink frosting with a spatula or your finger to create a feathered look.
4. Print your flamingo cupcake toppers printable, cut it out and place each head on a toothpick using clear tape.
5. Press one toothpick flamingo head into each cupcake until all 12 cupcakes have an adorable flamingo head.
What are the benefits of learning baking skills?
There are many benefits of learning baking skills, such as the fact that this is a necessary life skill. Kids must know how to bake and cook so that they’re able to be independent as they get older and are better able to fend for themselves.
Baking is also a calming activity for many people so helping your kids learn baking skills can give them a healthy outlet for destressing or reducing anxiety in their life. Baking also fosters a love of creativity. Making these easy flamingo cupcakes with printable toppers will help your kids use their creative thinking skills and love of arts and crafts in the kitchen.
→ See more creative cupcake recipes here.
This special treat that uses flamingo heads for cupcakes toppers will inspire you to enjoy the summer break and enjoy a tasty treat during a family BBQ or to serve as a special treat on a hot summer day.