DIY Teacher Appreciation Gift: Superhero Candy Bar Printable
Looking for a DIY teacher gift for Teacher Appreciation Week? Here’s an adorable Superhero Candy Bar Gift with a printable template the kids can make and give to their super teachers. Below is a guest post from Rachel of I Heart Crafty Things where she shares an easy tutorial for making the Super Teacher Candy Bars!
*Originally published 4/23/2015 and updated 4/24/2021.
The end of the school year is quickly approaching so we have started to think about Teacher Appreciation gifts. I always like to give needed supplies to teachers like our sticky pop gift, but I also love to give a small gift that my kids can participate in and help me create.
My children’s school dedicates an entire week to teacher appreciation and this year they went with a superhero theme. I created this fun superhero candy bar DIY Teacher Appreciation Gift that kids can help take a part in creating for their teachers. I’ve included a free printable of the superhero face and gift tag to make the project even more simple for you.
Superhero Candy Bar Printable and Supplies Needed
- Teacher Gift Printable (printed on cardstock paper and cut out)
- Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bar
- red cardstock or color of choice
- markers and/or crayons
- star stickers
See also: Apple Cookie Pops
DIY Superhero Teacher Appreciation Gift Instructions
1. Start by cutting out a 5-inch by 5-inch square out of your red cardstock paper and gather the rest of your supplies.
2. Wrap your red cardstock square around your candy bar to make a cape and make a crease down the sides to help show you where to add your tape. Remove the candy bar.
3. Roll a few pieces of tape to make both sides sticky and place a small piece at each of the top corners and in the middle at the top. Now place your candy bar back inside the cardstock paper and press the tape down to hold the candy bar in place. If you have glue dots those would be a great option for holding the cape in place too.
4. Now get busy decorating your superhero face. We used markers to draw eyes inside the mask and a mouth and then colored the skin with crayons. To give more dimension, we also decided to glue yarn on for hair. This step is optional and you can easily just draw on hair with your markers or crayons. We also only had yellow yarn on hand but it would be fun to use brown, black, red or gray to match your child’s teachers hair.
*Tip: I recommend using tacky glue to glue the hair down instead of school glue to give it more of a hold.
5. Once you are finished decorating the face, add a piece of tape to the back of it and attach it to your candy bar. Add a piece of tape to the back of the teacher tag and add it to the bottom of the candy bar.
6. Finish your superhero teacher appreciation gift by adding star stickers all over the front and back of the cape. Your child’s teacher is sure to smile and feel like a hero when your child hands them this simple and fun teacher appreciation gift.
Click the image to grab the Super Teacher Tags below!
You might also be starting think of fun crafts to make with your kids over the summer break. Feel free to check out our beaded dragonfly and lightning bugs or these 15 fantastic ocean themed crafts! – Rachel
Thanks for this and for the printable. Made a hectic end of the year easy with a perfect gift idea for my kids’ teachers. (Superhero theme for the school year!) AND it is the perfect way to spend a rainy, windy day. Appreciate your creativity.
That’s great to hear! I’ll be sure to let Rachel know how much you love them 🙂
Love these, thanks !
Thanks for this awesome idea! In India, we celebrate teacher’s day as a dedicated day to teachers and this made the perfect gift at my son’s Montessori school.
That’s great to hear! Thank you 🙂
Thank you for this❤️ easy to make and its super cute😊
Super cute! I’m actually going to turn the idea around and have my students make this for their mother’s day for Mother’s Day! Thank you!
Not able to download the printable for super hero card..where’s this link?
Hi! It’s the 1st item listed under the Supplies You Will Need, ‘Superhero Teacher Gift Printable’
I love how cute these turned out! I’m actually planning on using them for nurses week. Is there anyway to get a download of just multiple faces on one page? I have a different nurse slogan to use.
Hi there! This is ADORABLE!! We are doing a superhero theme at my daughter’s school and I plan on making ONE HUNDRED and TWENTY THREE of these for the entire staff. 🙂 I am trying to edit the download so I can put twelve faces on one sheet of paper and then I will have to print off much less on the color printer. Do you possibly have something like that available? I am not able to edit the document as it is secured on adobe acrobat. Thank you so much!
I have made this super teacher with some changings.. Without chocholate.. Thanks..
Hi. I entered a credit card for $1.00 for the PDF. The download didn’t actually have the faces…just a bunch of gibberish text. Please help.
Sorry to hear you are having problems. I just downloaded it myself right now to check and everything is fine so I’m not sure why you are seeing that. What’s your email and I will send you the file? Thanks!
I can’t find the download button for the template for the super hero. Please help!
My apologies for the late reply. It’s the 1st item listed under Supplies Needed. It says: Teacher Gift Printable.
Me either. I don’t see where to download it
Sorry you are having issues. It’s a clickable link above in purple that says “Teacher Gift Printable”, but here is the direct link. *****Please note that it does require an email address. (You can put 0 in the box for it to be free) https://artsy-momma.gumroad.com/l/BAeHi
It does not open. I clicked “i want this tab” and there is a file size but no file 🙁
It does not lead to anything 🙁
Hi Alex! I just tried it and I think I figured out the issue – you have to add a 0 into the ‘Name a Fair Price’ box. Then click the ‘I want this’ & add your email. 🙂