Ready for another fun k cup craft? Today’s post is how to make a recycled k cup lion craft which is perfect for a zoo theme as well as jungle/safari. It’s also our second last creative preschool theme with our preschool buddies. Be sure to check out their awesome zoo crafts and activities linked towards the end of this post!
Recycled K Cup Lion Craft Tutorial
- clean, dry k cups
- orange, yellow, black acrylic paint (or tempera)
- googly eyes
- yellow and orange pipe cleaners
- yellow construction paper
- hot glue gun
1. Begin with a clean, dry k cup, and paint the entire outside yellow. Allow it to dry, then add a second coat.
2. Paint an orange mane on the side opposite to the hole in the top of the cup, leaving the center yellow. (That is where the tail will go)
3. Cut small rectangles from the yellow paper and round the edges of one side to create ears. Fold back a small section of the straight side to make a surface for gluing.
4. Attach the eyes and ears.
5. Cut a small section of orange pipe cleaner (about 2 inches long) and wrap around the end of the yellow pipe cleaner to make a tail.
6. Paint a nose and whiskers, then insert the tail through the hole on top, and you’re done!
Creative Preschool Zoo Theme
- Giraffe Finger Puppet Craft | I Heart Crafty Things
- Who Lives in the Zoo Sorting Tray | A Little Pinch of Perfect
- Zoo Creative Drawing Ideas | Hand Made Kids Art
- Z is for Zebra Alphabet Craft | School Time Snippets
- Design a zoo with kids | Pink Stripey Socks
More Zoo Crafts
- DIY Zoo Playdough Kit
- Recycled Jellyfish Craft – glows in the dark!
- Penguins and Polar Bears
- Handprint and Footprint Zoo Animals
If you enjoyed this recycled k cup lion craft, you may like this k cup frog counting activity!