Not only are turtles fun for crafting, they can incorporate so many skills for little ones. While making the shells, preschoolers get lots of fine motor practice. It’s also the perfect way to add in scissors skills by cutting squares for the shells. Ever come across a pile of construction paper pieces from your child cutting their little hearts out with their newly learned skill? This is the perfect way to use those paper pieces. Besides preschoolers, this cute list of turtle crafts has ideas for all ages and skill levels.
Recycle Items Around The House Into Cute Turtle Crafts
For inexpensive turtle craft ideas, recycle items you normally throw away or repurpose things you no longer use (such as cds). See more recycled and upcycled craft ideas here!
Turtles Made Using Paper Plates and Other Kitchen Items:
Challenge the kids to create turtles using only items found in the kitchen such as paper plates, cupcake liners, empty snack containers, cereal boxes and so on.
- Paper Plate Idea – incorporates scissor practice | Artsy Momma
- Paper Plate + Tissue Paper + Free Template | Mud Pies and Fireflies
- Paper Plate Combined With Tissue Paper | Glued to My Crafts
- Paper Plate – includes a free printable template | Six Clever Sisters
- Paper Bowl Pull-Along Toy | First Palette
- Paper Bowl + Cool Mosaic Technique | One Creative Mommy
- Embellished Egg Carton Turtles | Artsy Momma for PBS Kids
- Egg Carton Turtles + Templates | Emma Owl
- Simple Cupcake Liner Turtles | Crafty Morning
- Cereal Box + Beans Turtle | Rebecca Heriz
Recycled Craft Ideas Inspired By Turtles:
The sky’s the limit with items you can use to create a turtle!
- Use A Plastic Bottle | Krokotak
- Reuse Bubble Wrap | Glued to My Crafts
- Recycle a CD | I Heart Arts-N-Crafts
- Upcycle a K-Cup | Craft Create Cook
- Repurpose Wine Corks | Crafty Morning
- Use a CD and Buttons | Fireflies and Mudpies
- Recycle Empty Snack Containers – They float! | Lindsey Blogs
Nature-Inspired Turtle Crafts
Take the kids outdoors on a scavenger hunt to collect items from nature to use for their turtle craft projects. These ideas are great for a summer camp craft!
- Made With Rocks | Easy Peasy and Fun
- Made With Seashells | Easy Peasy and Fun
- DIY Herb Planters | Reading Confetti
- DIY Wooden Branch Stamp | Mother Natured
- Use Empty Walnut Shells | No Time For Flashcards
Paper Turtle Crafts For Kids
These simple turtle templates and paper craft ideas will make craft time easy.
- Quilling Craft Technique | Twitchetts
- Easy Heart Turtle | Crafty Morning
- Printable Craft | Krokotak
- 3D Craft | Krokotak
- Suncatcher Idea | Learn Create Love
- Fun Corner Bookmark | Red Ted Art
- How to Draw Turtle | Easy Peasy and Fun
More Creative Ways To Create A Turtle
Kids can incorporate different crafting techniques to create their turtles. Some ideas are: weaving, handprints, glue or tape resist, melted crayons, pottery wheel/clay, no sew felt toy, or anything else you can think up.
- Make A Handprint Turtle | Fun Handprint Art
- Turtle Glue Resist Art | Easy Peasy and Fun
- God’s Eye Waved Baby Turtles | Pink Stripey Socks
- No Sew Felt Turtle + Template | Wild Flower Ramblings
- Melted Crayon Turtle Suncatchers | I Heart Arts’n’Crafts
- Made From Clay Using A Pottery Wheel | Artsy Momma
If you liked this list of sea turtle crafts, be sure to check out these 20 fun ocean themed crafts for kids!
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.