Finding simple Mother’s Day gift ideas that even a kid can make is a great way to show mom how much everyone in the family cares about her. But just because a gift is simple to make doesn’t mean it can’t be special! With this beautiful Mother’s Day treat gift, you can create a pretty gift filled with Mom’s favorite treat. And you only need four things to put this simple gift together – a jar, ribbon, a gift tag, and a sweet treat!
Supplies Needed for DIY Treat Jar Gift
- Printable gift tag
- Hole punch
- Jar (such as a mason jar)
- Candy or other small treats
Treat Jar Mother’s Day Gift Instructions
1. Print the gift tag on cardstock and cut it out. Use a hole punch to make a hole in the corner of the tag.
2. Fill the jar with Mom’s favorite sweet treat or candy and then place the lid on top. String a piece of ribbon or cording through the hole. Tie the tag on the jar by wrapping the ribbon around the lid.
3. Optional: Decorate the top of the jar lid with flower embellishments (see example here) or add colored cardstock that fits the circle with a handwritten note.
The Mother’s Day gift tag reads, “A little treat for a mom so sweet.”
→Print the treat tag HERE
Younger children may enjoy these cute print and color Mother’s Day cards that feature cupcakes, donut, lollipops with fun sayings. Another fun gift is this bucket of sunshine idea that you can fill with different items that are sure to bring smiles.