Are your kids fascinated with leprechauns? They’re playful and magical, plus they offer the promise of gold or 3 wishes should you happen to catch one. Check out these super cute leprechaun crafts that will bring a bit of the magic to your home. *Originally published on March 13, 2009 & updated on March 11, 2020.
Playful Leprechaun Craft Ideas For Imaginative Play
Leprechauns are known for mischief. Kids can have fun playing tricks or pretending to be leprechauns for the day. These playful leprechaun crafts are sure to keep them busy and may even cause some giggles!
St. Patrick’s Day Wearables
Here are some cute ideas the kids can wear. They make the cutest photo props and party ideas.
- Printable Leprechaun Beard Template from A Little Pinch of Perfect
- Leprechaun Straws from Fireflies and Mudpies
- Wee Little Leprechaun Girl from Playground Park Bench
- Easy Leprechaun Face Mask Craft
- Cute St. Patrick’s Day Hats from Artsy Craftsy Mom
St. Patrick’s Day Puppet Crafts
The next five playful crafts are great for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners. The puppets can entertain them for hours by retelling stories and more!
- Leprechaun Finger Puppet from I Heart Crafty Things
- Leprechaun Paper Puppet from Red Ted Art
- St. Patrick’s Day Leprechaun with Feelings from J Daniel 4s Mom
- Leprechaun Paper Bag Puppet from About a Mom
- Leprechaun Craft Stick Puppets from Artsy Craftsy Mom
Easy Leprechaun Crafts For Preschoolers
Here are fun St. Patrick’s Day ideas for in the classroom or to make at home or with a playgroup.
- Footprint Leprechauns from Fun Handprint Art
- Easy Preschool Cutting Craft from Toddler Approved
- Torn Paper Leprechaun Craft from I Heart Crafty Things
- Leprechaun Paper Craft from Housing a Forest
- Craft Sticks Leprechaun Hat Craft from The Resourceful Mama
- Photo Leprechaun Craft for Kids from Simple Everyday Mom
- Handprint Leprechaun and Rainbow Hands from Fun Handprint Art
- Leprechaun Hand Craft from Simple Everyday Mom
More Leprechaun Arts and Crafts
Did you know that leprechauns are actually fairies? Bring a little bit of these mythical creature’s magic into your home by making a cute arts and craft project!
- Fork Printed Beard Leprechaun Painting from Crafty Morning
- Trim the Leprechaun Beard from Hello, Wonderful
- Easy Doily Leprechaun Craft from Crafts on Sea
- Easy Toilet Roll Leprechaun Craft from Kids Activities Blog
- Yogurt Pot Leprechaun Craft from Crafts on Sea
- Cardboard Tube Leprechaun from The Best Ideas for Kids
Cute Leprechaun Books For Kids
Pair any of these leprechaun crafts with one of the following St. Patrick’s Day picture book recommendations!
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Ten Lucky Leprechauns ages 3-5
- The Itsy Bitsy Leprechaun ages 2-4
- Pete the Cat: The Great Leprechaun Chase ages 4-8
- The Story of the Leprechaun ages 4-8
→ Find More St. Patrick’s Day Crafts & Activities!