Preschool Graduation – Memories & Moments
My little guy graduated from preschool earlier this month – I had no idea that they did the whole cap & gown thing which was too cute for words! All 4 of the preschool classes (40 kids total!) had their little ceremony together. They performed songs that they had been signing all year long plus one that was so stinkin’ cute because it was funny with little actions that I will forever remember my son doing. They also did the Pledge of Allegiance and a poem.
After the ceremony, everyone went inside for photo-ops. His teacher also had out fun End of the School Year Gifts with cute sayings for each of her students.
I am so sad that it doesn’t sound like any of his preschool friends will be attending the same school as him for kindergarten. He made some great friends that he has so much fun playing with, especially after school at the park.
His favorite moments (in his own words):
- Going to play at the park afterwards with school friends.
- Mrs. S teaching me how to make Bee Craft.
- On my 1st day school, making the apple craft.
- Water Play Day on the last day of school.
- Both Pajama Days.
- Graduation Day and doing all the dances.
- Friends I played with the most were Collin, Kall, Kameron, Naomi, Vincent, Delany, Jolene, and Hannah.
- Naomi making me laugh, she is the most funny of everyone, and I love her, she is my bestest friend in the whole wide world.
- Favorite activities: weighing the toys, playing in the fun room, tag, and drawing.
- Favorite song learned: Months of the Year
- Favorite yucky moment was when Naomi cut in front of me and gave me a bloody lip with her head and it really hurt, but now it’s all gone.
- One of the other moms told me that her daughter said that my son thinks shes cute….. Lol!
- Little Sister snuck into his class and sat down to listen to the story one day when we arrived early.
- One day he got to sit in the teacher’s chair and read a book to the class. The teacher said that if another kid talked he told them “Shhh, you’re interrupting.” I wish he would remind himself that sometimes….he, he.
- All the times I picked him up and he was wearing the craft they made that day – adorable!!!
- How precious it was to open his Mother’s Day gift he made at school to see it was little drawings of us holding hands turned into a magnet. Makes me smile everytime I see it on the refrigerator.
- Our talks about what he did that day on the car ride home.
- How funny it was when I saw that the only other boy in his class at that time was wearing the exact same Halloween costume (Captain America). It wasn’t even different costume versions of the same character…. Lol! What are the chances of that. My son always talks about him all the time and how much he liked playing with him.
- Everytime we arrived early to pick him up and stood in front of the classroom waiting, Little Sister would wait for the kids to come in from outside so she could run up to Big Brother while he stood in line (always 1st or 2nd, *Lol*). He would pick her up and give her a giant hug with both of them having huge smiles on their faces – priceless, precious moments.
After the ceremony, he wanted to play at the park so we enjoyed the gorgeous weather for a bit and then headed to his restaurant of choice – IHOP. Before the food arrived, he opened up his cards – all of which had $5 in them….. except for the cute one from Little Sister. Click here to see the Handprint Graduation Card.
His Graduation Gift Bag Had:
- A Batman Cup with a Straw
- Ring Pops (he has been begging me if I could please buy them for him the past 2 months)
- Goofy String
From Amazon, I ordered these 2 books (affiliate links):
- The Night Before Kindergarten (Reading Railroad Books)
- 52 Weeks of Family Spanish: Bite Sized Weekly Lessons to Get You and Children Speaking Spanish Together!
As usual, he ordered the Create-A-Face Pancake.
We finished celebrating his big day by heading over to one of his favorite places – a kids indoor playground!
Crafts they made in the weeks leading up to Graduation Day:
Paper Preschool Graduation Cutting Craft
Handprints with Poem Graduation Keepsake
Look Whooo’s Graduating! Handprint Owl
All their preschool crafts I blogged about …
… see their handprint crafts here.
Handprint Hi-Five con-GRAD-ulations card
10 Handprint Graduation & End of the School Year Ideas
End of the School Year Teacher Appreciation Gift
Thank You for Bee-ing my Teacher! Fingerprint Plate
Happy Teacher Day Flower Drawing