The Very Hungry Caterpillar Cracker Snack (Book-Inspired Series)
Ready to make a fun Very Hungry Caterpillar snack? It’s almost too cute to eat! Made from crackers, Big Brother made it back when he was in a preschool summer camp class. Each kid had their own fun caterpillar creation. This Eric Carle inspired activity would be fun to do with this handprint caterpillar craft and caterpillar to butterfly craft. *This post was originally published 2/23/2016 and updated on 3/31/2020.
How to make Caterpillar Snack
Read The Very Hungry Caterpillar book and then make this easy cracker snack for kids. → Find the book here. Also see our pom pom caterpillar to butterfly craft to make along with the book too!
*As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- round crackers
- chocolate chips
- mini M&M’s
- food coloring
- cream cheese
- black licorice
1. Place 4 crackers on a plate.
2. In 2 separate bowls, add cream cheese. In one bowl mix in red food coloring and green in the other bowl.
3. Spread the colored cream cheese over the crackers with the first one being red and the other three green.
4. Add 2 mini yellow M&M’s for eyes.
5. Make a mouth with chocolate chips or use mini M&M’s.
6. Add raising at the bottom of the green crackers as caterpillar legs.
7. Cut 2 small pieces of black licorice for antennae.
→ See more book based ideas here.
What a cute snack! My children will love making caterpillar. Thank you for participating in the Book Inspired Blog Hop.
Thanks Karen and for hosting 🙂