Ladybugs are the cutest beetles out there and in this post, we will show you how to make an adorable paper plate ladybug craft! Take a look! Isn’t is fun? Read on to get the list of materials needed and the steps to make this paper plate Valentine’s Day craft!
See also → Valentine’s Day Paper Plate Animals
How to make the Paper Plate Ladybug
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read our full disclosure policy here for more info.
- 2 paper plates
- red and black craft paint
- red glitter paint (optional)
- black puffy paint
- silver metallic pipe cleaners
- glue or hot glue gun
Chinet Premium Paper Plates, 36 CountApple Barrel Acrylic Paint Set, 18 Piece 1 X Springfield Leather Company Ruby Red LeatherHeartybay 10Pieces Round Pointed Tip Nylon Hair BrushTulip Dimensional Fabric Paint 4oz Puffy BlackSilver Chenille Metallic Pipe Cleaner, 12Scotch Multi-Purpose ScissorElmer’s School Glue, Washable, 4 OuncesMini Hot Melt Glue Gun with 25pcs
Make a card to go with the craft → Apple Print Ladybug Cards
1. Line your craft surface with a piece of old newspaper before you get started.
2. Paint one plate red and paint the other plate black. Let dry. Craft tip: use a hair dryer for a quicker dry time.
3. Cut the red paper plate in half. Cut the tops off (about 3″) of each one. These will be the ladybug wings.
4. Add the red wings onto the black plate by gluing the inner short points together towards the top center.
5. Use the black puffy paint to draw hearts all over the red wings.
6. Carefully hot glue your googly eyes onto the top black portion of your plate. (or use regular craft glue)
→ Related: Simple Ladybug Gift Bag Tutorial
7. Cut a pipe cleaner in half. Curl one end of each pipe cleaner and glue the opposite ends to the back top of your paper plate ladybug.
8. Let the ladybug craft dry.
Cute Kids Books About Love Bugs
*Click the photos to read more about each book.
Thank you for visiting our lovable paper plate ladybug for Valentine’s Day tutorial! For more ‘Love Bug’ craft ideas, you might also enjoy this darling ‘Bee Mine’ Valentine’s Day craft and this egg carton ladybug handprint craft.