Have you tried making prints or painting with apples before? We’ve made ladybugs from stamping carrots and thought it would be fun to make apple print ladybugs. We even made cards which are perfect for Spring, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day or just because. Pair it with one or more of your favorite books about ladybugs. See our suggestions after the craft tutorial.
*This post contains Amazon affiliate links. Please read our full disclosure policy here.
How to make the Apple Print Ladybugs
- apple; cut in half
- blank cards or cardstock
- black marker
- paper plate
1. Cut the apple in half and then use an item with a round tip to poke hole in the apple. This creates the ladybug spots.
2. Add paint to a paper plate or shallow dish. You could use any color you’d like. We chose to use pink, purple, and red.
3. Dip one half of an apple into the paint. Make sure not to get too much on so it leaves a nice print.
4. Stamp the apple onto a blank card or a sheet of paper. We made a few cards and Little Sister also went a bit crazy making prints all over paper. She loves ladybugs. They are her favorite thing to draw other than hearts.
5. After it dries add legs, dots, a head and antennae.
If you made cards, personalize them with cute sayings. Some ideas might be:
Happy Spring or Hello Spring
Happy Valentine’s Day
Mommy’s Lil’ Ladybug
Thinking of You
Just wanted to Say Hi……
Pair this apple print craft with books about ladybugs. Here are a few fun choices:
This month’s theme is bugs/insects. Here’s what the rest of the crew did:
- Insect books for Preschoolers that teach about maps, colors and sight words (Printables) | The Natural Homeschool
- Very Hungry Caterpillar Storybook Sequencing Stick with Printable | School Time Snippets
- Butterfly Addition Clip Cards | Simple Fun for Kids
- Wooden Spoon Bee Craft | Easy Peasy and Fun
- Dragonfly Coloring Pages | Mrs. Karle’s Sight and Sound Reading
- Beetle Drive Game & A Fun Bug Book | Castle View Academy