Big Green Monster is a must read kids book if you have little ones at home. It makes a cute Halloween book, but is also fun year-round. It’s also this week’s Virtual Book Club theme, and we invite you to join us in the FB group and share monster or book-related activities. We are sharing mini monster eraser counting card printables as a fun tie-in to this week’s monster theme.
Mini Eraser Monster Counting Cards
There are ten cards total, numbers 1-10. Print the math activity using the pink button below.
Once printed, cut around the colored cards using the white space as a guide. I used a paper cutter for this part, of course scissors would work too. If you’d like, you can laminate them for extra durability.
Grab a pile of mini monster erasers (or other counters) and the monster cutting cards and have your preschooler practice counting to ten.
What Kids Will Learn and Skills Used
- Number Recognition
- Number Word Recognition
- Fine Motor – important for prewriting practice.
- Counting to 10
- Sequencing – Have them place the cards in a line in the correct order.
- Patterning – Use different colored erasers/counters to incorporate patterns for the higher numbers.
Mini Monster Counting Busy Bag
Place all the items in a zipped baggie or a small container to store and use over and over. It makes a great quiet time activity or take along to use while waiting at a restaurant.
About the book:
This book is catchy, especially if you watch an online reading of it where the monster parts appear and disappear. The author meant for it to chase away kids nighttime fears.
Kids can turn the pages of this die-cut book and watch the Big Green Monster grow. Then, when they’re ready to show him who’s in charge, they’ll turn the remaining pages and watch him disappear!
Big Green Monster Book Theme:
See what the rest of the Virtual Book Club bloggers shared!
- Easy Finger-painted Monsters for Toddlers
- Monster Themed Name Necklace Craft
- Go Away Big Green Monster Slime
- Playdough Monster Invitation to Play
- Big Green Monster Healthy Snack ideas
- Monster Cake Pops
- Colorful Monsters Printable Worksheet
- Puffy Paint Monster Craft
- Monster Leaf Puppet Craft
- Feed the Monster Game
- Magnetic Shape Monsters
- Monster Art