Here’s a fun St. Patrick’s Day craft idea – make a cardboard tube Leprechaun! We also have a template for creating your own tp tube leprechaun craft.
For more creative ideas for this fun holiday, be sure to check out our St. Patrick’s Day ideas category!
Leprechaun Template and Supplies
• PDF Template
• Carboard Tube
• Colored Paper or Construction Paper
• Googly Eyes
→ Find the leprechaun template in our shop.
The leprechaun craft printable comes with a colored version, black & white version, and instructions with photos.
Cardboard Tube Leprechaun Tutorial
1. Print the leprechaun template and cut out the pieces. If using the B&W version, have the kids color the pieces before cutting.
2. Glue the cream colored paper rectangle on top of a cardboard tube. (see photo) You can use an empty tp roll or cut a section from a paper towel tube or similar.
3. Next, glue the light green rectangle on the bottom section of the carboard tube, below the cream colored rectangle.
4. Then, add glue to the back side of the orange beard and place it on top of the cream section. (see photo)
5. Glue the two yellow circles on as buttons on the green section.
6. Wrap the the light green strip around the middle of the bow tie and then glue the bow tie below the leprechaun’s beard.
7. Next, glue the yellow buckle on top of the black paper strip and then glue the black piece on top of the hat.
8. Now glue the hat on top of the leprechaun’s head, making sure to leave enough room for the face.
9. Finish by adding two googly eyes (or draw eyes on) and the leprechaun’s nose.
→ See more cute Leprechaun crafts.
Ideas for Using the Leprechaun
It can be displayed as a fun St. Patrick’s Day decoration. For another crafty idea, pair it with this Shamrock Windsock Toilet Paper Roll Craft. Add crepe paper streamers to the bottom of the leprechaun to display them together.
You could attach a cardboard/cardstock piece to the bottom and fill it with wrapped treats – small chocolate gold coins would be fun!
Kids can play with their finished leprechaun cardboard tube craft. Print paper gold coins or use toy ones and go on a gold coin hunt. When the kids find the gold coins, they can add it inside the leprechaun (add a cardboard or cardstock piece to the bottom of the leprechaun so the coins don’t fall through). For added fun, kids can search for gold coins using DIY Rainbow Binoculars!