Are you planning to throw a movie night for Halloween? What would a movie night be without popcorn, right?! Surprise family and friends by treating them with a fun Halloween popcorn recipe!
This purple, green, and orange candy coated popcorn tutorial is sure to be a hit with the kids, plus they can even help you make it.
Fun Halloween Popcorn Recipe
- 12 cups popped popcorn; 4 cups for each color
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted sweet cream butter; 1/2 cup in each saucepan
- 3 cups sugar; 1 cup in each saucepan
- 3/4 cups light corn syrup; 1/4 cup in each saucepan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt; 1/2 teaspoon in each saucepan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract; 1/2 teaspoon in each saucepan
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon orange food coloring
- 1 teaspoon purple food coloring
- 2 teaspoon orange candy oil flavoring
- 2 teaspoon green apple candy oil flavoring
- 2 teaspoon grape oil flavoring
- 2 teaspoon baking soda; 1/4 teaspoon in each bowl
Pop the popcorn and set to the side. Place parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat.
Stir in sugar, corn syrup, food coloring, and salt. Bring to boil while stirring. Once at a boil, allow it to cook without stirring for two minutes.
Next, add one color of candy flavoring and stir to combine. Remove from heat and set it to the side.
Add about 4 cups of popped popcorn to a bowl that has a lid. Pour the candy coating over the popcorn. Seal with the lid and shake to evenly coat all the popcorn.
Pour the popcorn on the baking sheet (that you covered with parchment paper). Let cool for about 5 minutes.
Repeat the above steps for the other two colors.
Add all the colors together in a big bowl and toss to combine. Now it’s ready to be served on a dish or a big bowl! Add plastic spider to make it spooky and set the tone.
What do you think? Would your kids enjoy helping you make this easy, multicolored Halloween popcorn treat? You can serve it along with these Halloween cupcakes with swirled frosting or these cupcakes with edible witch hat toppers to add variety to your Halloween movie night table!
See More Halloween Idea:
[ess_grid alias=”Halloween Crafts”][/ess_grid]