My kids look forward to Halloween each year and they always ask to help with holiday cookies. How about yours? If you’re looking for Halloween cookie decorating ideas, we are sharing the cutest black cat cookies tutorial you can try with kids. For added fun, try making one of these black cat craft ideas. *Originally published on 9/12/2018 and updated on 10/14/2020.
These easy Halloween cookies are fun for an after school or lunchbox treat and sure to be a hit at a Halloween party for kids!
Ingredients Needed for Black Cat Halloween Cookies
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- Cocoa Candy Melts or Chocolate Bark
- Chocolate Chips
- Candy Eyeballs (or substitute with M&M’s)
- Chocolate Jimmies
- Heart-shaped Sprinkles
How To Make Nutter Butter Black Cat Cookies
1. Melt the candy chocolate according to package directions until it is a smooth, creamy texture. Do not overheat.
Tip: You can add 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening to help thin the candy, but do not add any other type of liquid as the candy will seize and harden.
2. Place the Nutter Butter cookie on a fork and spoon the melted chocolate over it. Tap of any excess by carefully tapping the fork against the side of your bowl.
3. Next, place on two candy eyeballs or M&M’s and gently push them into the melted chocolate.
4. Carefully place a heart-shaped sprinkle below the eyes as a nose. Create whiskers along each side of the nose using the Jimmie sprinkles.
5. Press two chocolate chips along the top edge of the cookies to create the cat ears.
6. Allow the candy coating to harden before serving.
Note: Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Placing in the refrigerator may cause the cookie to soften.
You have to agree that these black cat Nutter Butter decorated cookies are super easy to make, plus they require no baking at all!
Kids will surely have fun decorating their own Halloween cookies and as a bonus, they are so cute! Wrap them in a foil or place in a bag to turn them into simple Halloween treats to hand over to the kids’ friends or hand out at as party favors.
Hope you will enjoy making and eating these Nutter Butter black cat cookies for Halloween!