Have you ever found a super cute Valentine’s Day craft to make with the kids only to realize that you don’t have all the materials on hand? That can be frustrating. Who has time to run to the store? Sure, you could order the supplies, but you want to create something when the inspiration strikes.
We’ve got a simple fix: make one of these totally adorable Valentine’s Day paper crafts! All you need is paper, a printer, and a little imagination to make some beautiful valentines, garlands, and crafts.
You’ll find ideas here for all ages. Toddlers can simply glue the pieces together while preschoolers and up can work on their scissor skills, cutting out the shapes for each craft. You’ll even find some beautiful keepsakes in the list that you’ll want to tuck away in the scrapbook to look at in years to come.
What are you waiting for? Grab some paper, choose a craft, and let’s get started!
Valentine’s Day Crafts Made Out of Paper
1. Printable Valentine’s Day Bee Craft – You can’t get any sweeter than this buzzy little bee with his blushing heart cheeks. Flip him over and write “Bee Mine” on the back. Honestly, could he BEE any cuter?
2. Paper Robot Valentine’s Day Craft – Here’s a great boy-friendly valentine that girls will adore as well. You could have so much fun with the sayings on this one… “I like you a bot” or “You make my heart go beep boop” or even “I’m nuts and bolts about you!”
3. Unicorn Valentine from Artsy Craftsy Mom: Unicorns are still very popular, and the base of this gorgeous unicorn craft is a paper heart! Kids can practice their scissor skills to make the fringed mane. Write something like, “Our friendship is magical, Valentine!” on the back.
4. Valentine’s Teddy Bear Craft from Red Ted Art: This simple teddy bear craft is perfect for toddlers and preschoolers. Simply print the template, cut, and paste the pieces together. It would make an excellent craft to do with a group of kids.
5. Heart Chicken Valentine from Easy Peasy and Fun: Isn’t this a quirky and fun choice that’s sure to bring smiles to people’s faces? Any kid who loves farm animals will be delighted to make or receive this valentine.
6. Valentine Bears from Non-Toy Gifts: Use the template to make a polar bear or a brown bear! You can add “I love you bear-y much” or a similar message to this craft.
Paper Valentine’s Day Card Crafts
7. Ladybug Handprint Template from Fun Handprint Art: Ladybugs are so cute, and this template is the perfect keepsake to make for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, or Grandparents’ Day. The movable handprint wings are too adorable.
8. Heart Envelope Valentine from Happy Mothering: Get a card and an envelope in one with this craft! It reminds me of the notes that we used to give each other in school, but it’s so much cuter!
9. Handprint Card Valentine from The Best Ideas for Kids: Turn your child’s handprints into a beautiful keepsake card for a grandparent! Personalize the hearts inside with any message you like. It could be a sweet “I love you” or a funny saying like, “You’re hands down the best grandma ever!”
10. Paper Airplane Valentine from No Biggie: Love is in the air, literally, with these super fun paper airplane valentines! Boys especially will love this valentine (no pink!), but really, all kids love paper airplanes.
11. Donut Cards for Valentine’s Day from Projects with Kids: This is a cute card for anyone on your Valentine’s Day list! It would be particularly cute to do as a class for your local police department. You could include a message that says something like, “We donut know what we’d do without you!”
12. Llama Valentine Card from Simple Everyday Mom: Girls especially will love this pretty pink llama. You could also print it in brown paper to make it more realistic! The template makes it easy for most ages.
13. Hot Air Balloon Card from Messy Little Monster: Older children can make this card independently using the printable template. The 3D balloons are so fun! You can customize the message in the clouds to say anything you want, so it’s a great DIY card to make for most occasions.
More Paper Crafts for Valentine’s Day
14. Easy Valentine Bag from Kids Activities Blog: This bouncy, colorful heart bag will make anyone’s Valentine’s Day brighter. Fill it with candy or other goodies for classroom parties like pencils, erasers, and stickers.
15. 3D Paper Mouse from The Craft Train: Here’s a sweet little 3D paper mouse made from simple shapes. The 3D head is such a fun touch! You could add a message like “My heart squeaks for you!” or “Mice to have a friend like you!”
16. Valentine’s Day Paper Flowers from I Heart Crafty Things: Who wouldn’t love a bouquet of these beautiful paper flowers? You could even add a short little message to each flower to make it even more special.
17. I Love You Hand Craft from Pink Stripey Socks: If you’re teaching your little one sign language, this is a fun craft to add in on Valentine’s Day or any time during the year. The 3D element is clever, too.
18. Paper Heart Garland from The Gracious Wife: Make a beautiful paper heart garland to grace your mantle or doorway. You’ll find tutorials for both vertical garlands and horizontal garlands!
Pin these Valentine’s Day paper crafts for inspiration anytime you need a simple craft for February that doesn’t involve complicated materials.