Homemade Easter Bunny Hot Chocolate Bombs
Bored? Craving something yummy? Something chocolate? Have you ever heard of Hot Chocolate Bombs? They are edible “bombs” you place in warm milk or hot water and they explode with the hot cocoa and marshmallows. Read on to see how to make blue bunny inspired hot chocolate bombs for Easter.
Easter Drink Ingredients and Supplies
- 8 oz candy melts – blue or another Easter color
- 6 tsp hot cocoa powder
- silicone bunny pan
- large plate and small plate
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- spoon or pastry brush
- pastry bag or ziplock bag
- small microwave safe bowls for melting candy
Makes 6 hot chocolate bombs.
*Tip: change the mold and candy melt colors to make cocoa bombs for any occassion or theme.
Hot to Make Bunny Hot Chocolate Bombs
1. Place a large plate into the freezer.
2. Pour the blue candy melts into a bowl, and then place the bowl in the microwave. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring well after each heat session, until the candy is fully melted.
3. Place a small spoonful of melted chocolate into 12 of the bunny cavities. You will also need to use a small spoon or pastry brush to completely coat the inside of each bunny (sides).
4. Next, place the candy coated mold into the freezer for 5 minutes.
5. Add a second coat of melted chocolate to the bunny cavities and then freeze for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Remove the chilled plate and candy coated mold from the freezer. Very carefully remove each candy coated bunny from the mold and place on the chilled plate. *TIP – Start by very gently removing the bottom of each bunny first, and work slowly to remove the rest of its body. If you’re too quick or not gentle enough, they will break when being unmolded.
7. Heat the small plate in the microwave for 2 minutes.
8. Place one candy coated bunny upside down on the heated plate to slightly melt the edge.
9. Fill it with 1 teaspoon of hot cocoa mix.
10. Repeat step 8 with another candy coated bunny and ‘glue’ it to the bunny with the hot cocoa mix. The melted candy should fuse them together nicely (act like glue). If not, use your finger to add a small amount of melted chocolate around the seam.
11. Repeat with the remaining chocolate bunnies so that you end up with 6 bunny shaped hot chocolate bombs.
To serve, place one Easter bunny hot chocolate bomb into a mug with an additional tablespoon of hot cocoa mix. Pour 6 ounces of hot water or milk over the cocoa bomb. Watch it explode with yumminess! Stir well with a spoon and enjoy!
These homemade Easter bunny hot chocolate bombs would make darling party favors or a small gift to give from the Easter bunny.
Kid-friendly Easter Drinks
→See all our Easter activities, crafts, and recipe ideas!