Darling Cupcake Liner Birds in a Tree Craft
For a simple, yet cute craft for Valentine’s Day or Spring, try making these cupcake liner birds in a tree. Their heart shaped wings make them perfect as a Valentine’s Day love birds art project or change up the colors to make as a Spring craft.
Be sure to check out these adorable cupcake liner ladybugs to make along with the cupcake liner birds! The also use a torn paper art technique.
Love Birds in a Tree Craft Supplies
- construction paper
- cupcake liners
- googly eyes
- black marker
Cupcake Liner Bird Craft Instructions
1. First take brown construction paper and tear a wide strip from one of the ends so one side is torn, and the other side is straight. Glue this piece to the edge of the white paper to make the trunk of the tree.
2. Then, tear another wide strip for the branch and glue it horizontally from the tree trunk, making sure to leave enough room for the birds to sit on the branch.
3. Next, fold the cupcake wrappers in half and glue the two halves together.
4. Use a sheet of orange construction paper folded in half to cut two small triangles for the beaks. Glue them to the back of the cupcake liner towards the top.
5. Next, glue the cupcake liners to the paper (with the beaks closer to the top) so they are sitting on the branch.
6. To make the bird’s wings, cut two small hearts from construction paper. Glue them to them upside down and slightly tilted to the bird’s body. We used red and blue to match the colors of the cupcake liners.
7. Finish the cupcake liner birds by gluing on the googly eyes. You can make one a girl by drawing on some lashes or leave plain.
See also: Handprint Bluebirds in a Tree with a printable background.
For more cute ideas for Valentine’s Day, check out these paper plate animal crafts made using heart shapes. If you like this cupcake liner bird craft, you may also like cupcake liner frog puppet.