Have you been following along with our paper plate Valentine’s Day crafts? Today’s post adds another one to the series! My daughter is obsessed with owls and absolutely adores this paper plate Valentine’s Day owl craft! Pair it with one of the owl-dorable books listed below to make craft time even more fun!
How to make the Paper Plate Valentine’s Day Owl Craft
*This post contains affiliate links. We received the book free for review. Please read our full disclosure policy here for more info.
- paper plate
- pink craft paint
- craft foam sheets: pink, red, black
- Valentines scrapbook paper
American Crafts 733523 36 Sheet My Funny Valentine Paper Pad Pebbles, 6 by 6Darice 106-118 40-Pack Foam Sheets, 6 by 9-Inch, AssortedCrayola Fluorescent Paint 16-Ounce Plastic Squeeze Bottle, Shocking PinkDecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint, 2-Ounce, Bubblegum PinkLoew-Cornell 245B Brush Set, Pack of 25, Multi ColorElmer’s School Glue, Washable, 4 Ounces
1. Place an old newspaper down before you start crafting.
2. Paint the top of your plate pink and let dry.
3. Cut out two large circles from the red craft foam (trace a cup to get perfect circles).
4. Then, cut out the following from the pink craft foam: two small triangles for ears, one slightly larger triangle for a beak, and two hearts to fit in the red circles.
5. Next, cut two tiny circle from the black craft foam.
6. Start assembling the owl’s eyes by gluing your hearts onto the red circles and then the black circles onto the hearts. Glue the assembled eyes to the top center of the pink plate.
7. Glue the pink ears above the eyes and the pink beak below the eyes.
8. Fold the patterned scrapbook paper in half twice and cut out two large even hearts. Glue them on the sides of the plate to look like wings.
Owl Books for Valentine’s Day
*Click the photos for more info.
We would love for you to pin this cute Valentine’s Day Owl Craft!