Colorful Popsicle Art Project Using Fruit Loops
Have you tried crafting with cereal such as Fruit Loops before? It makes for a fun craft idea. Here’s a colorful popsicle craft kids can make by decorating it with cereal to give it a fun 3D look. Use our simple popsicle coloring page printable to make your own designs!
3D Popsicle Cereal Art Project
This colorful popsicle idea makes a great summer camp craft for kids. It’s easy to set up and make with just a few supplies. Alternatively, the popsicle printable can be used as a regular Summer coloring page to use with crayons or markers.
→ See more summer activities for kids.
Here are a few other ways kids could decorate the different popsicles:
- torn paper
- crumpled tissue paper pieces
- glitter or glitter glue
- homemade puffy paint
- crushed cereal (like sand)
- Template printed on white cardstock
- Fruit Loops ™ or generic colored loop cereal
- All-purpose glue
→ Get the Template Here
1. First print the template on white cardstock, you’ll want something heavier than regular paper to be able to hold the cereal pieces.
2. Next color the words and the popsicles.
3. Then glue the cereal to the popsicle outlines, let kids be pretty generous with the glue.
4. Allow time to dry.
5. Finish by adding anything else to the coloring page, such as stickers or add it to a colored sheet of construction paper to make a framed border.
For another 3D summer art project, check out this simple ocean collage craft. Wondering what to do with the empty cereal box? Check out these fun mini shark surfboards!