DIY Tile Letter Magnets and Learning Activities
Preschoolers and kindergarteners love hands-on activities, but who has time to make different elaborate materials all the time? Why not find an awesome multi-purpose materials that you and your kids will enjoy time and time again (and get your money’s worth)? In this post, we are sharing a super easy tutorial for making tile letter magnets and lots fun learning activities using them. The possibilities are endless!
You can use these tile alphabet magnets to learn letter names, letter sounds, alphabet letter order, beginning words, beginning spelling, beginning reading and so much more! The cool part is that these DIY magnet letters go beyond phonics and spelling. They can be used to practice fine motor skills and even to begin learning other languages!
How to make the DIY Letter Magnets
*This post contains affiliate link. Read more about this here.
1. Place the magnet/laminate cartridge in the Xyron® Creative Station.
2. Print → Uppercase Lowercase Letter Squares Printable
3. Place the printable through the Creative Station. Use the cutter to detach it and then rub the magnetic alphabet sheet to ensure it sticks well.
4. Place in the paper cutter and cut along the lines (or use a scissors).
That’s it! They are ready to use for play and learning. Find activity suggestions below.
Learning Letters Learning Activities
1. Have your child place the magnets in the correct order for the alphabet.
2. Match the uppercase letters with the lowercase letters. Either in a long row like shown in the picture above or by grabbing a random letter tile magnet and having them find the match.
3. Practice spelling with the magnets. Say a word and then have the child try to spell it. This works perfect for kids in school who come home with sight words sheets they are supposed to learn. This helps them practice in a hands-on, visual way so they can confidently take that upcoming sight words spelling test.
More Ways to Use the Tile Letter Magnets:
Printable Spider Web Letter Matching