My 4 year old has been *obsessed with penguins since he was 1 yr old, so you can imagine how much he loved this penguin ink blot symmetry craft! This art project can be made with kids as young as toddlers while slightly older kids can get a mini lesson on symmetry. *This post uses referrals links which you can read more about here.
Penguin Ink Blot Symmetry Craft
This art project is also a fun math activity for preschoolers. It’s a great way to show what symmetry means in a hands-on way.
1. Fold a piece of paper in half.
2. Add blobs of black paint on one half of the paper so it somewhat resembles the outline of a penguin.
3. Add a blob of orange paint in a straight line where the feet should go.
4. Fold the other side over on top of the paint & press down.
5. Have child rub the piece of paper.
6. Open it up and it should look like a penguin! Please ignore the 2 black spots, the paint dripped by accident….haha!
7. Add googly eyes and a beak.
8. Optional: Write the word penguin on it. I had my son do this for writing practice.
More Penguin Crafts
More Winter Crafts And Ideas For Kids
[ess_grid alias=”winter activities”][/ess_grid]