WooHoo, it’s 2014! Did you have a good time celebrating? Here is how we celebrated with the kids this year.
For our family New Year’s Celebration, I gathered some fun and festive items that I thought the kids might like:
- Silly String – Walgreen’s
- Hershey Kisses – New Year’s Kisses
- Pipe Cleaner Glasses Tutorial
- Mini Strobe Light – Walgreen’s
- Glow Stick Hand Clapper – Party City….leftover from a birthday party
- Glow-in-the-dark Party Mask – Dollar Tree
- Mini Recorders – Dollar Tree, 8 in a pack
- Party Blowers – Dollar Tree, 8 in a pack
- Ring Pops to ‘Ring in the New Year’ – Dlloar Tree, 4 in a bag
- Party Poppers – available at grocery stores, party stores, Walmart, etc.
- Star-shaped confetti
At noon the librarian counted backwards from 10 and then blew tiny bubbles everywhere which all the kids loved of course! These Gymboree bubbles are awesome – you can catch them in you hands and they won’t pop…… cool, huh? My son kept catching them so they would stack on top of each other. They both also had quite a few bubbles decorating their hair….tee, hee. I can’t remember all the books they read except ‘Don’t Let the Pigeon Stay Up Late.‘
The kids also drank New Year’s Clock Juice Boxes with crazy straws.
I had sparklers leftover from the 4th of July so I brought them out for my son to do while waiting for the fireworks to start.
Wearing her glow mask on the way home from watching the New Year’s fireworks.
At home we counted backwards from 10 and they pulled their party poppers.
My hubby also sprayed them with the silly string which they thought was funny.