Mini Dinosaurs in a Jar Craft + Pet Dinosaur Books
Have you ever wanted a pet dinosaur? I sure haven’t but my kids are loving their pretend mini dinosaurs in a jar. They even have names. Arrow is the name of the blue tyrannosaurus rex and Mini is the name of the triceratops. Cute, right? It was fun to pick out names. There are quite a few pet dinosaur books you can read with the kids for added fun. Read on to hear about them and to see how you can make your own mini dinosaur in a jar pet craft.
Mini Dinosaurs in a Jar Craft
*This post contains affiliate links. Read more here.
- mini dinosaur toys
- empty, clean jars (we used baby food jars)
- mini stones (or from your yard, beach, etc.)
- fake leaves or use real ones
- cupcake liner or tissue paper
Place all the items in a jar. Decorate the lid and write the pet dinosaur’s name on it. Our lids are covered with a cupcake liner. Tissue paper or construction paper would also work.
The kids can take their pet dinosaurs everywhere and let their imaginations take them on an adventure.
Pet Dinosaur Books
4 – 8 years
This book and CD recorded by Neil Sedaka, tells a charming story about a boy and the dinosaur that hatches and grows bigger each month. But no matter how big the dinosaur grows, nothing gets between a boy and his pet. The rhyming lyrics, colorful illustrations and a catchy tune on the included CD, will have the kids singing, dancing…….and wishing for their own dinosaur pet!
My T- Rex Gets a Bath
3 – 8 years old
Tom has a funny pet dinosaur, but there is one big problem. Rex doesn’t take a bath, doesn’t brush his teeth and ruins boy’s pajama. The dinosaur hides in his room and everyone thinks that it’s a boy’s fault. Our hero is a delightfully headstrong boy, who will not take the blame for someone else’s bad behavior!
Have You Seen My Dinosaur?
Ages 4 – 6
How do you find a missing dinosaur who is large, green, and likes to roar? When a little boy’s dinosaur decides to play hide-and-seek, he is surprisingly difficult to track down. The kids will be roaring with laughter as they romp through this funny, rhyming Beginner Book.
Do Dinosaurs Make Good Pets
Ages 9 – 12
Did you know that the stegosaurus had a brain the size of a walnut, or that there used to be scorpions that grew to more than two meters in length? This book is packed with the wildest, weirdest, funniest, filthiest, foulest, wisest, grossest, brainiest, oldest. and best facts about the prehistoric world.
Dinosaurs with Pets Books
- How Do Dinosaurs Love Their Cats?
- How Do Dinosaurs Love Their Dogs?
- How Do Dinosaurs Choose Their Pets?
- Free Printable Dinosaur Activities for Kids | The Natural Homeschool
- Mini Dinosaurs in a Jar Craft + Pet Dinosaur Books | Artsy Momma
- Printable Dinosaur Bookmark | Easy Peasy and Fun
- Dinosaur Matching Game for Toddlers | Simple Fun for Kids
- Dinosaur Connect the Dots Printables | Living Life and Learning
More Pet Dinosaur Activities
- Jumbo Surprise Eggs Filled with Clay Dough and 3D Dinosaur Shaped Molds
- Animal Planet Hatch and Grow Three Different Dinosaurs
Another fun way to use the mini dinosaurs in a jar is this pretend small world activity.