Unicorns are very popular with girls of all age, even adults! Either as a birthday party theme or for a holiday, these multi-colored unicorn cookies will surely be a huge hit and conversation topic. The Funfetti cookie recipe we used is easy and kids can give a hand making the unicorn cookie sandwiches with you.
Multi-Colored Unicorn Cookie Sandwiches Using Funfetti Cake Mix
*Some of the links in this post are referral/affiliate links. We may earn a small commission on items ordered.
- 1 Box of Pillsbury™ Funfetti® Cake Mix
- 1 Box Cook and Serve Vanilla Pudding
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- Vanilla Frosting
- Wilton Gel Food Colors
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients in large bowl and mix well.
- Add in the eggs and oil. Mix until dough is sticky.
- Separate dough into four equal bowls. Add 3-4 drops of food coloring into three of the four bowls.
- Chill the dough until set (about 30 minutes).
- Take out and form the dough into one inch tall oval balls.
- Place the oval balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely.
- When cool, use a piping bag to add frosting to the top of one cookie, then press another cookie on top.
- Roll the edges of the cookies in sprinkles.
Yields approximately 16 cookie sandwiches (32 individual cookies)
My daughter helped me make the cutest unicorn party favor bags for her birthday party this past year. These multi-colored unicorn cookies would be perfect to add inside! Just package them in cookie favor bags and then they could place inside with other cute unicorn party favors. Another cute idea is to store them in unicorn cookie boxes with wax paper sheets.
Would you make unicorn cookie sandwiches for a themed birthday party or a holiday? Would you serve them on a party or use them as a party favors? Or maybe both? Let us know how they turned out for you in the comments!