Looking for a simple Thanksgiving activity to do with the kids, one that doesn’t make a huge mess? Today we are sharing a fun foam turkey craft tutorial! While it does use a minimal amount of paint, it doesn’t involve cleaning up paintbrushes and can be substituted with markers if need be.
Foam Turkey Craft Thanksgiving Idea for Kids
*As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- craft foam sheets: tan, yellow, orange, lime green, and red
- googly eyes
- Puffy Paint, red and orange
- pipe cleaners, yellow/gold
- craft foam glue or hot glue
1. Trace a cereal bowl onto your tan foam and cut out with scissors.
2. Next cut out 5 colored feathers about 6-7″ in height from your yellow, green, orange and red foam. Cut the slits on the sides for fringe.
3. Next, cut out 2 feet shapes from the yellow craft foam.
4. Start assembling your turkey by hot gluing the feathers onto the back of the tan circle.
5. Then, bend a pipe cleaner in half and glue the center to the back of the tan circle.
6. Glue the feet to the ends of the pipe cleaner.
7. Now glue your googly eyes onto the tan circle and use your Puffy Paint to add a beak and wattle under the eyes.
Cute Books About Turkeys
Click the photos to read more about each book.
More Ideas for Kids