Snowman Ornament and Candy Cane Holder Craft
Do you hang up candy canes on the Christmas tree every year? We do! Here’s a creative idea for displaying the candy canes other than just hanging them, make a foam snowman ornament that doubles as a candy cane holder! You could make all different characters (I love the mouse idea with the candy cane used as a tail). Read on to see how simple these candy cane ornaments are to make.
Snowman Ornament Craft and Candy Cane Holder Tutorial
These fun snowman ornaments would be great to have the kids make and give to family and friends. Another cute idea for gifting, is to help the kids make handprint snowman and poem keepsake.
*This post contains affiliate links. Please read our full disclosure policy here.
- craft foam – white, black, and orange
- puffy paint, black
- craft foam glue or hot glue
- candy canes
1. Trace a small bowl onto the white craft foam twice and cut out with scissors.
2. Then, cut a top hat from the black craft foam with the bottom being the same width as the top of the circle.
3. Now cut a large skinny triangle from the orange craft foam.
4. Glue on the top hat and triangle nose onto the front of one circle.
5. Now Squirt a line of glue vertically on the sides of one circle and sandwich the other circle on top, leaving the top and bottom open.
6. Use the black puffy paint to draw on two circle eyes under the hat and five circles under the nose for a mouth.
7. Let the snowman dry overnight and place two candy canes into the top opening and out the bottom.
Now your crafty snowman ornament and candy cane holder is ready to decorate the tree! Check out our kid-made ornaments category for more ideas.