Egg Carton Maracas & Our Cinco de Mayo Crafts
My son and I made these fun egg carton maracas for Cinco de Mayo last weekend. Both kids have been playing with them everyday since!
How to make the Egg Carton Maracas
– empty, clean egg cartons
– paint and paintbrush
– craft sticks
– hot glue and glue gun
– decorative tape or ribbon
– glitter, sequins, or any embellishments
- Cut 4 sections from an egg carton & paint in color of choice.
- Fill 2 of the egg carton cups with either rice or beans- we did one of each!
- Place hot glue on the rim in the place you would like the handle to be.
- Press a Popsicle craft stick and hold firmly down for several seconds.
- Place hot glue around the entire rim of the cup making sure to go over the craft stick as well.
- Take a second cup and press it down on top and hold firmly for about a minute.
- Repeat with 2nd maraca.
- Cover the seam with tape or something else creative to hide it.
- Decorate with glitter, stickers, gems, sequins, and so on.
Map of Mexico Coloring Page
I printed a Map of Mexico coloring page for my little guy to color. It’s so fun to see how his coloring has evolved over time! He is now 4 yrs old and tries really hard to stay inside the lines. I pointed to the USA section & explained to him that we lived there as well as all our family members & friends. Then I pointed to Mexico & explained to him that his Papa, Tios, Nana, & Tata were born there and used to live there when they were younger. He is really into who lives where as far as cities & states so I thought this would be a cute way to introduce countries to him. I also told him how the main language here in the U.S. is English but the main language in Mexico is Spanish.
Stopping by from Hands on as we Grow! Love the egg carton maracas— cute and I always make sure to save our egg cartons! Thanks for the great idea!
I am visiting from It's Playtime. I LOVE the maracas! What a cute idea! Thank you for sharing!
These are adorable and such a great idea!!<br /><br />Thank you for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!<br /><br />Maggy & Alissa
Very clever! I think the things that can be made from an egg carton are endless, aren't they? Thanks for linking up with us at the Weekly Kids Co-Op.
As a creator for Little Kids Church curriculum, I am always on the lookout for great craft playthings that can help with the lesson. These maracas will be soooo GREAT for a lesson on praise. Thank you so much for sharing.
These Maracas are fantastic! What a fun way to use an egg carton! I bet my boys would play with them non-stop. 🙂
I looked up some others to!
Both of them I might try!