My son and I made these fun egg carton maracas for Cinco de Mayo last weekend. Both kids have been playing with them everyday since!
How to make the Egg Carton Maracas
– empty, clean egg cartons
– paint and paintbrush
– craft sticks
– hot glue and glue gun
– decorative tape or ribbon
– glitter, sequins, or any embellishments
- Cut 4 sections from an egg carton & paint in color of choice.
- Fill 2 of the egg carton cups with either rice or beans- we did one of each!
- Place hot glue on the rim in the place you would like the handle to be.
- Press a Popsicle craft stick and hold firmly down for several seconds.
- Place hot glue around the entire rim of the cup making sure to go over the craft stick as well.
- Take a second cup and press it down on top and hold firmly for about a minute.
- Repeat with 2nd maraca.
- Cover the seam with tape or something else creative to hide it.
- Decorate with glitter, stickers, gems, sequins, and so on.
Map of Mexico Coloring Page
I printed a Map of Mexico coloring page for my little guy to color. It’s so fun to see how his coloring has evolved over time! He is now 4 yrs old and tries really hard to stay inside the lines. I pointed to the USA section & explained to him that we lived there as well as all our family members & friends. Then I pointed to Mexico & explained to him that his Papa, Tios, Nana, & Tata were born there and used to live there when they were younger. He is really into who lives where as far as cities & states so I thought this would be a cute way to introduce countries to him. I also told him how the main language here in the U.S. is English but the main language in Mexico is Spanish.
More Cinco de Mayo Crafts
Other Maraca Crafts
- Learning Spanich – Hispanic Crafts Archive
- Hispanic culture kids crafts Pinterest board
- Spanglish kids books
Join our list
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.