Can you believe it’s almost the new year!? Do you have plans or are you celebrating at home? In this post we are sharing ways to celebrate New Year’s Eve with kids. Whether it’s just with the family at home, a playdate with friends or a kid-friendly New Year’s party. You will find ways to countdown to the New Year, firework crafts, noisemakers, playful activities, fun photo props and more! There’s even a few fun snack ideas and crafty party accessories. ***NEW: See our printable 2021 Headband and Year in Review Writing Activity.
25 Ways to Celebrate New Year’s Eve with Kids
1. DIY New Year’s Photo Props – make your own props to take fun photos!
6. Fireworks Rings – fun idea for DIY rings!
7. Balloon Countdown – kid love balloons so this is sure to be a hit!
8. New Year’s Eve Surprise Ball – I wonder what’s inside? What would you place inside yours?
10. Clock Cupcakes – part of a Clock-themed ‘Noon’ Year’s Party!
11. Wishing Wall Activity – this is such a lovely idea that we might give a try this year.
13. Printable Crazy Glasses – so much fun! They get to design their own.
16. End of Year Time Capsule Questions – such a great idea you will appreciate when the kids are older.
18. Wishing Spin Drums for New Year’s – these are so cool! My kids love similar ones we made in the past.
19. New Year’s Eve Party Slime – ooey gooey fun!
20. Confetti Popper Toilet Paper Tubes – easy and kids will have a blast ‘popping’ confetti everywhere!
23. Confetti Eggs for New Year’s – celebrate by smashing confetti eggs!
24. Straw Noisemakers – these are so neat and definitely on our must make list!
See more ways to celebrate New Year’s Eve with kids!