If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy breakfast option, look no further than smoothies. They make the perfect breakfast when you’re in a hurry or even to take on-the-go. Rushing out in the morning is a regular for us, but eating a healthy breakfast is important. Since becoming a mom, I have discovered how fun and easy it is to quickly whip up a smoothie in the morning. Here is an awesome list of breakfast smoothie recipes for you to try with the kids that will get the day started right.
Prepping the Smoothie Ingredients
The great thing about smoothies is that they are incredibly versatile. You could easily have a different smoothie each day of the year.
For most of us though, it’s much easier to find a handful of smoothie recipes we enjoy and stick to those during the busy week. Having a few go-to favorites allows you to prep the ingredients ahead of time, making it even easier to whip up your family’s favorite breakfast drink in the morning. That’s the key to making breakfast smoothies work when you’re short on time.
Wash, peel and chop the fruit and veggies beforehand. Separate the cut pieces into portions that are perfect for your smoothies – whether it’s just for one or enough for the whole family. It’s beneficial to make a few days worth in one go. This makes it easy to make a bunch of fun combinations. Kids can enjoy trying the many different mixes and combos of fruit and veggies.
Once you have the portions ready, add them to freezer bags or containers. Store them in the refrigerator or freezer until you are ready to use them.
In the morning, just grab a container, add the contents to your blender along with anything else your smoothie needs (milk, juice, yogurt, oats, etc.) and blend away. Each family member can easily whip up their own favorite smoothie.
Then just pour the blended mixture in a cup and breakfast is done. Or add it to a to go cup with a lid to take it with you to work or on the drive to school.
Yummy Breakfast Smoothie Recipes To Try
Below you will find, a colorful list of different ways to make smoothies. Let us know which one(s) you and your family like the best!
1. Pear Recipe with Granola
2. Frozen Yogurt – Super creamy and healthier than adding ice cream!
3. Blueberry Pomegranate – Copycat McDonald’s version you can make at home.
4. Sunrise – My kids love the different layers.
5. Aloha Pineapple – Fresh fruit is an important ingredient in this tropical recipe.
6. Strawberry Banana – Inspired by Orange Julius.
7. Strawberry Mint – Looks amazing!
8. Strawberry Banana Greek Yogurt – Classic combo that so good.
9. Rainbow Smoothie – Sure to be a hit with the kiddos!
10. Spiced Banana Almond
11. Tropical Fruit Breakfast Mix – Perfect layered smoothie for a hot summer day.
12. Peanut Butter and Honey Oat Blend – Will keep you feeling full for longer.
13. Tropical Recipe – Made with coconut milk.
14. Pumpkin Banana Vanilla – Tastes like a milkshake!
15. Strawberry Nutella – Requires just three simple ingredients.
16. Strawberry Oatmeal – Plus tips on using rolled oats.
17. Berry Breakfast Mix
18. Orange Avocado Smoothie – Nutrient packed and dairy-free.
19. Fun and Fruity Layered Rainbow Idea
20. Layered Berry Smoothie – Cool and refreshing!
The vitamins and natural sugars from the fruits and veggies give you and the kids the boost you need first thing in the morning. Easily add some protein and a bit of healthy fat to the breakfast smoothies by blending in things like peanut butter or Greek Yogurt. Adding this will make it a filling breakfast drink that will keep you full until lunchtime.