Apples are a popular theme for back to school and for the fall season. Many preschoolers and kindergartners use them to go along with the letter of the week, A. Here are 10 ideas for apple themed learning activities that can be used in the classroom or at home. At the end are more fall and apple top 10 lists from 13 other bloggers!
1. Fingerprint Apple Counting Printable – we also shared one for Johnny Appleseed Day
2. ABC Apple Matching Printable – Rachel from I Heart Crafty Things guest posted this fun learning activity!
3. Montessori Apple Math – A couple different activities to practice numbers.
4. Counting Appleseeds Activity and Craft – We shared this over on Life Over C’s. It’s great as a fine motor activity too!
5. Short Vowel Apples – Fun way to learn how to spell and practice vowel sounds.
6. Parts of an Apple Printable Book – Color, read, and learn!
7. Torn Paper Letter A is for Apple!
8. Alphabet Matching Game – Perfect for a busy bag idea!
9. Apple Tasting Activity – My son did this in kindergarten and still talks about it. Here’s a free printable you can use at home!
10. Learn Numbers with Apples – Plus Secrets of the Apple Tree, a fun kids book that I now have on my ‘must get’ library list!
Apple & Fall Themed Activities
Discover even more ways to play, learn and craft this Fall:
- Play Recipes for Fall | Craftulate
- Fall STEM Activities | Little Bins for Little Hands
- Apple Cocktails | Our Good Life
- Books on Apples for Learning | Powerful Mothering
- Playful Apple Activities for Toddlers | School Time Snippets
- Apple Projects for Crochet Lovers |Words n Needles
- Science Ideas for Fall | P is for Preschooler
- Recipes for Apples | Nemcsok Farms
- Fine Motors Skills Apple Activities | Crafty Kids at Home
- Fall Sensory Activities | Play & Learn Everyday
- Fall Nature Crafts | Rhythms of Play
- Free Apple Printables | Something 2 Offer
- Apple Activities for Preschool | The Pleasantest Thing