Sizzlin’ Summertime Fun: 15 Cool Ways to Play!
If you’re looking for a fun way to beat the heat on a hot summer day, then you’ve found the right place! These sizzlin’ summertime activities are perfect for celebrating the end of a school year or as a boredom buster throughout the season. We’ve rounded up 15 cool ways to play that are easy-to-make, require common household items, and a few are also a great way to sneak in a few STEAM lessons over the summer.
Cool Ways to Play Outside this Summer
- Water Balloon Games – see how our whole family played a couple games together.
- Fairy Soup Pretend Play – foster imagination and creativity with this pretty nature activity!
- Scented Bubbly Soap Foam – so many different color options!
- Alphabet Water Tracing Activity – great for preschoolers to practice letter recognition.
- Toddler Car Wash – wash the bikes too!
- Soap Boat Races – Inexpensive and fun for all ages!
- Frozen Paint Cubes Process Art Activity – we love messy fun! This makes a great open-ended art activity for kids.
- Frozen Fractals Play Activity – an artsy sensory activity that the kids can taste if they’d like and the results are gorgeous!
- Sponge Ball Water Painting – these have been on our must make list for awhile. They are a fun alternative to water balloons.
- Freezer Paint Popsicles – simple to create and a colorful alternative to sidewalk chalk.
- DIY PVC Water Park
- DIY Mini Water Blobs – SO A.W.E.S.O.M.E. You won’t believe how doable these are! I love that this creative maker mom added a few toys inside for even more fun.
- Pretend Baby Bath Station – cute way for kids to play while being able to incorporate life lessons at the same time.
- DIY Water Wall – kids can get involved in the engineering process for this cool STEM activity!
- Bubbly Ball Pit – what kids doesn’t love bubbles or balls? Together is even better and provides a fun sensory experience as well!
A few more ways to play during summer break:
10 Sun Crafts – 10 Watermelon Crafts – 10 Playful Learning Watermelon Activities
What cool ways do you play on the long summer days to keep the kids busy?
Can’t wait to try them all!!! 🙂