This week’s Virtual Book Club for Kids theme is spiders. The featured book is a favorite, The Very Busy Spider by Eric Carle. To go along with the book, we are sharing a fun printable spider web letter match activity. This hands-on alphabet activity will have kids matching uppercase letters with lowercase letter. Then, be sure sure to check out even more creepy, crawly fun from the rest of the Virtual Book Club hosts.
*This post contains affiliate links. Read more about this in our disclosure policy found here.
We love all things Eric Carle around here! My son frequently checks them at from the library at school.
In this book illustrated in the usual Eric Carle style, a spider is busy spinning a web. The farm animals try to distract her by asking her to do something, but she keeps on spinning. When finished, they see that the web is both beautiful and functional.
For toddlers, this book is a fun way to introduce the different sounds that farm animals make. By the time they are a preschooler, they will have it memorized and can ‘read’ it to you.
Kids Books About Spiders
Printable Spider Web Letter Match Activity
You can find the letter tiles printable here. You can either use them as is or make them into magnets. We chose to make letter magnets.
Print the spider web sheets and place on a tray (magnetic surface if using the magnets). There are two sheets with thirteen letters on each, all in lowercase. The magnet letter tiles come in both uppercase and lowercase so you can use either one. We used it to match the uppercase letters with the lowercase letters.
DOWNLOAD → Printable Spider Web Letter Matching Sheets
More Spider Activities
Alphabet, Writing, & Spelling Fun
- Spider Writing Tray – Adventures of Adam
- Alphabet spider sticky wall – Toddler Approved
- Name Webs – Rainy Day Mum
Fun with Numbers
- Spider Web Fingerprint Counting – Messy Little Monster
- Hands-on Spider Counting Activity – School Time Snippets
- Spider Web Sensory Bin + Counting Activity – My Storytime Corner
- Spider Counting Puzzles – Sea of Knowledge
Fun with Science and Sensory Play
- Spider Sensory Bin – Sugar, Spice & Glitter
- Spider Web Sensory Bottle Activity – The Educators’ Spin On It
- A Very Busy Climbing Spider: DIY Toy and STEM Activity – To Be a Kid Again
- Spider Types Matching Cards – Kori at Home
Active Play Activities
- Spider Web Obstacle Course – Mama Smiles
Shapes and Colors
- Creepy-Crawly Block Mats – Chickadee Lit
- Spider Shape Craft – JDaniel4’s Mom
- Feed the Spider Color Catapulting – Preschool Powol Packets
- How to Make a Rainbow Spider Web – Powerful Mothering