Here’s a print-and-go paper mummy craft that’s fun as a Halloween writing activity. It includes a printable mummy craft template with a Halloween writing prompt page.
You can use the fun mummy idea in the classroom as a Halloween bulletin board idea, hallway display, or an activity filler. It’s also a cute make at home Halloween craft idea.
*This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Mummy Template Printable (see below)
- Printer & Paper
- Construction Paper
- Coloring Supplies
→ Get the mummy printable HERE
Paper Mummy Craft Instructions:
1. Print mummy craft template and writing activity. There are 2 options for the writing template, one with the ice cream cone to color and one without.
Have the kids write a story based on the mummy writing prompt.
2. Glue the story page to a sheet of construction paper to create a frame.
3. Cut the mummy pieces out.
4. Glue the pieces together. You can either glue them to a sheet of construction paper or glue them to the top of the Mummies Love Ice Cream story page like pictured.
Now it’s ready to be displayed in the classroom or at home!
Fun Mummy Story Starter Prompt
The printable PDF comes with a story prompt that is titled, “Mummies Love Ice Cream.” You could also change this out with your own mummy writing activity and add the paper mummy to the top.
Other Mummy Writing Prompt Ideas:
– I Love My Mummy Because…
– The Mummy Mix-up
– The Mummy Mystery
– My Yummy Mummy Recipe
– The Case of the Missing Mummy
Fun Children’s Books About Mummies:
- Where’s My Mummy? (4-8 yrs old)
- There Was an Old Mummy Who Swallowed a Spider (4-8 yrs old)
- Skeleton Meets the Mummy (4-8 yrs old)