Are you hosting a holiday party or having guest stay with you during this busy season? It’s always a good idea to get stocked up on essentials such as paper towel, toilet paper and boxes of Kleenex. This way you don’t have to run out of a ‘necessity’ while entertaining guests. Here are a dozen festive ways and party tips to get the home ready for holiday entertaining.
1. Besides the Christmas tree, what other ways do you plan to decorate? Are there going to be little ones around? You may need to consider making things a bit safer and placing fragile things out of the way.
2. Scented candles are always a nice touch to have. There are so many fun holiday scents nowadays.
3. Paper towels are a must have item to stock up on. There’s bound to be spills or counters that need a quick wipe. I personally like to have paper towels in the bathrooms guests will be using (or when attending a party). I would rather have a paper towel to dry my hands with than sharing the same hand towel which often gets wet pretty quick.
4. Having extra paper towel in different areas will also help to keep things tidy. Near the food, on a table, by the coffee maker and near the sink. We spruced our holder up by adding a silver Christmas bow to the top.
5. Another item to stock up on is toilet paper. If you’re unsure of how much to get, Scott® 1100 toilet paper has 100 FREE sheets per roll for even more long-lasting value and performance. I grabbed one of these jumbo packs along with 2 of the Cottonelle® Ultra Comfort Care packages which is what we usually buy. The jumbo package was placed in our main guest bathroom and the other packages were placed in the 2 bathrooms upstairs. You can never have enough and it’s not fun to head out in the cold because you ran out of it. Decorate them with tissue paper and place them in a basket in the bathroom as festive holiday décor. Easy to do!
6. While shopping at Walmart, I also grabbed these fun Kleenex containers. How cute is the Kleenex® Holiday Oval snowman design?! I snagged that one to put on my computer desk. The oval-shaped box adds extra sophistication to your home, others may not even realize it’s a Kleenex box! The Kleenex® Perfect Fit* Facial Tissue in decorative slim canisters are ideal for any small or on-the-go space. They look great on an end table or counter blending in with the rest of the holiday decorations.
7. We also stock up on paper dinner plates and dessert plates in holiday designs. Who wants to do all them dishes… haha! Just be sure to have enough trash bags on hand 😉
8. Will you be providing drinks? Besides the usual, wouldn’t it be fun to serve a kid-friendly punch with ice cream or sorbet? Another fun idea is to have sparkling juice for the kiddos. They can easily be dressed up with wrapping paper or printable drink labels found online. Coffee is another must have but everyone may have different preferences. I like to buy the variety boxes of k cups to ensure a good mix (there are also yummy hot chocolate ones!).
9. If there will be kids attending the party, it would be a good idea to have a plan in mind for activities. Beforehand, you could purchase coloring books and stickers. You could also make salt dough ornaments to have for the kids to paint and take home. This always seems to be a hit with the adults too. They can’t seem to decorating one themselves!
10. For little kids, use the toilet paper wrapped in tissue paper as a Christmas Tree Stacking Game or they could even bowl with them! Group activities that are fun for all ages include board games (trivia, catch phrase) or video games such as the Just Dance series are great.
11. Figure out a place for all the coats and extra stuff such as mittens so you can direct guests when they arrive.
12. If having a gift exchange, have a special spot set up just for those so none are accidently forgotten about. Also a have a trash bag or two nearby for all the wrapping paper.
With the Ibotta app, get:
$1 off Cottonelle 12-ct or larger
$1 off Scott 12-ct or larger
$1 off Viva 6-ct or larger
Buy two products and get an extra dollar back
What holiday necessities are on your list?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.