Green is the New Black! Recycling Crafts for Earth Day
Green is the New Black!
My preschooler made a fun recycle symbol collage craft for Earth Day.
Here’s how we made it:
- I cut up a magazine wherever I saw green and my little guy practiced cutting them into smaller pieces.
- You can print the recycle symbol from the Planet Pals website.
- We painted glue inside the lines.
- He placed the green pieces on. I had to remind him a few times to try to stay inside the lines.
- When all of it was filled, we painted glue back over the top to help the pieces stay down where they overlapped each other.
My 15 month old toddler kept trying to get in on the fun so I helped her make her own Earth Day collage. I painted glue all over a piece of paper and gave her a bunch of cut up magazine pieces to stick on. She absolutely loved this activity! She gets such a kick out of being like Big Brother!
My son colored an Earth Day coloring page also from Planet Pals site. It has cute little friends of Earth for the kids to color like Breezy & Moonbeam.
We talked about what makes Earth happy and how we have to be nice to it because we (people, animals, trees) live here. I explained that we had to take care of it just like we take our home & how he takes care of his bedroom. I told him about not throwing trash on the ground which he refers to as being naughty to the Earth. He proudly told Papa all about it when he arrived home from work… I just love his love of learning!
We also made a paper towel handprint Earth Day craft.
Love the collages!