Looking for a healthy snack idea to make the kids for Christmas? We made a fruit and veggie Christmas tree! The kids loved it (and I loved the smile it brought to their cute faces!).
How to make the Fruit and Veggie Christmas Tree
- green grapes
- honeydew melon
- carrots, blueberries, bananas, strawberries, and so on.
- optional – whipped cream
1. We used an oval-shaped, yellow plate to place our tree on. Arrange the green fruit in the shape of a triangle.
2. Cut carrot slices so that you have a circle shape. Place on the tree as ornaments. Or use other fruits/veggies for the ornaments. Cut a slice for the tree trunk.
3. Add a whipped cream star or use something else like a banana slice or strawberry.
4. Surprise the kids with a healthy yet fun Christmas snack!
My kids thought it was the coolest thing and enjoyed dipping their fruit in the whipped cream. They ate the whole thing in less than 15 minutes!
Several years ago, I surprised my then toddler son with this Santa pancake that you may also enjoy. This year, I also made the kids a Christmas smoothie that also make a great healthy snack for Christmas.
Another fun food idea is to make Christmas snacks using graham crackers.