There are many cupcake liner crafts children can enjoy as part of your daily arts and crafts time. This printable paper pirate craft allows you to use an inexpensive craft supply, cupcake liners, as a means to give your little ones hours of fun making their pirate design.
I’m always on the search for unique crafts for kids, and this cupcake liner pirate craft was something I just knew would be adored by parents and children alike. This simple to make craft for kids is the perfect way to encourage creativity and enhance fine motor skills.
All you need is a few supplies such as scissors, glue, markers, cupcake liners, googly eyes, and the printable pirate template to get started!
See also: Printable Pirate Puzzles
Paper Pirate Template and Supplies
- Printed Template
- Blue paper
- Sand colored paper
- Cupcake liners: light blue, white, and red
- Googly eyes
- Glue stick
→ Get the printable pirate template HERE.
How to make a Cupcake Liner Pirate
1. First let’s create a little scene for the pirate. Take the sand colored paper and tear a little off the bottom. Glue it to the blue paper to mimic sand.
2. Then color the template anyway you wish. The two long ovals will be the arms, so you might want to color those red to match the shirt.
3. Now take the two red cupcake liners and flatten them. Cut one in half and the other 3/4ths.
4. Glue half of the red liner to a flattened white cupcake liner and the other red liner to the light blue.
5. Then glue the red and blue cupcake liner just above the sand to create the body. Sneak the arms under the liner before gluing it down.
6. Now glue the white and red cupcake liner on top to make the head.
7. Glue on all the other template pieces: boots, hand, hook, skull, and parrot.
8. Finish off the parrot with a couple of googly eyes.
9. Complete the pirate face by popping on a googly eye and the pirate patch. Use the marker to draw on a black line across for the patch’s string, the nose, smile and some stubble.
10. Finally, grab the white cardstock from the template and cut out some long rectangle strips. Glue these to the pirate’s shirt to make it striped.
The cupcake liner pirate is complete!
There are many things you can make with cupcake liners with kids. While I’m featuring a printable paper pirate craft, other parents have enjoyed making cupcake liner owls, cupcake liner toucan, or a cupcake liner frog puppet.
You can use this printable pirate template as an idea for International Talk Like A Pirate Day, or just a rainy day craft idea with your pirate fans in the house. Whatever you opt to use this cupcake liner pirate craft for, I’m confident your family will have a blast creating their own unique pirate designs using cupcake liners.