Getting sick, going to the doctor, and even picking your nose… they’re all a part of life for kids. Germs are everywhere around us and it’s important to teach kids about them! In this post, I’ll share some of my favorite kids books about germs!
Teaching kids about germs is a great way to encourage them to be healthy. Reading can really help them grasp new concepts and these are no exception! Kids will giggle and laugh as they learn all about the world of germs.
I remember when we were first learning about germs… it’s a little gross at times, but a very important topic to understand! Kids will be able to learn how germs make us sick, why we should go to the doctor, and just how important washing hands and keeping our fingers out of our nose are.
*As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fun Must Read Kids Books About Germs
Below you will find kids books about germs that I hope you will enjoy reading. I’ve provided links to Amazon for easy purchasing and you can flip through some pages for a sneak peak. Don’t forget to utilize your prime membership. You’ll get them in your hands fast with free 2-day shipping.
Now…. let’s get to these germs books for kids, shall we?
1. Curious George Discovers Germs by H. A. Rey
2. A Germ’s Journey by Thom Rooke M.D.
3. Germs Are Not For Sharing by Elizabeth Verdick
4. What are Germs? by Katie Daynes
5. Cutie Sue Fights the Germs by Kate Melton
6. Germs Make Me Sick! by Melvin Berger
7. Sherm the Germ by Dr. John Hutton
8. Germs by Lesa Cline-Ransome
9. I Am a Booger… Treat Me With Respect! by Julia and Carson Cook
10. Bacteria and Antibiotics by Margot Alesund and Antonis Alesund
More Picture Books For Teaching Kids About Germs
11. Totie and the Hungry Sugar Bugs by Hosam Alrqiq
12. Bear Feels Sick by Karma Wilson
13. Brush Your Teeth, Please by Jean Pidgeon
14. Achoo! by Mij Kelly
15. Sick Simon by Dan Krall
16. George Catches a Cold by Eone
17. Let’s Get Cleany Clean (adapted) by Jean McElroy
18. Do Not Lick This Book by Idan Ben-Barak
19. Noses Are Not For Picking by Elizabeth Verdick
20. Why Wash Your Hands by Sally Huss
What picture books about germs do you recommend?
See more book lists for kids!